Kind of baffled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Good friend of mine I work with had NOD32 on his work machine spike up to 100% and lock the machine down running 32bit Vista... The had the same thing happen at home on his machine when he got home from work today.. He came in and set down on his PC and ekrn was at 100% and he had to reboot. Has anyone ran into this, or know what could cause this? Component update?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The situation you described makes it sound like another program generating or reading from a file such as a large log, over and over again, thereby nod32 scanning it over and over again, generating high CPU usage.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest using Process Monitor to monitor the files ekrn operates with. Once they narrow it down to a particular file, they can exclude it from scanning. Have the friend try it and let us know about his findings.

4. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Thank you Marcos.. I recall a program called process explorer.. Maybe we can get some background monitoring going on..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.