Killer.exe

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by furqanbhai, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furqanbhai

furqanbhai Registered Member

My cousin was chatting with yahoo msgr and suddenly as usual a popup came and he accepted and then all the **** happen.The filename was Funnyustscandal.avi.exe and the virus name is killer.exe and it keeps on opening my computer window and closes any application I try to open and that application goes in the background and is still running, neither I can use that application nor can I terminate it.And smss.exe keeps on increasing which I saw in task manager.It even kills the task manager.BUT the **** is that I booted my pc from cd and started the windows xp setup after formatting the whole C: partition but STILL when the partition was formatted and windows xp started, the virus was still functioning as it was earlier and was their on C:drive but its attributes are hidden and system file, so neither can I see them nor can I delete.I saw the path in msconfig!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. yeow

yeow Registered Member

I'm guessing it still re-appears after formatting C:, because it is also residing on other partitions?
    Quick google result, http://www.fixya.com/support/t264120-funny_ust_scandal_virus
    Don't know if this automatic fix is trustable/safe so use at own risk, http://techpinoy.blogspot.com/2007/11/funny-ust-scandal-aviexe-remover.html

3. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Read more about FunnyUSTscandal.avi.exe here.

thanatos

4. srinivasan

srinivasan Registered Member

5. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

srinivasan, welcome to Wilders :). Did you try this remover mentioned in one of the links given by yeow? If that fails try scanning with Sophos (since they claim to detect and remove it) and SuperAntiSpyware Free. Use this tool to undo the restrictions made by the malware.

If the above instructions fail, please post a hijackthis log in one of the forums listed here.

thanatos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.