keyscrambler

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by spaceage, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaceage

spaceage Registered Member

Hello. I see that keyscrambler is not compatible with the latest version of firefox. Does anyone know of any free keylogger protection add ons that are compatible? Or, if you use keyscrambler, what version of firefox are you running?

Thanks for any help.

I don't like to bank online without this protection (even if it's not the greatest)

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Keyscrambler working just fine here with Firefox 3.5.6

3. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

Keyscrambler 2.6.0.0 working fine with Firefox 3.5.6 here also.

4. spaceage

Just realized the problem is firefox. For some reason I can't download keyscrambler, or anything else for that matter in firefox. I initially went to tools>add ons>get add ons and it gives me keyscrambler 2.1 which is not compatable. I wonder why ff tools section doesn't automatically find the latest version. Then again, I wonder why ff won't let me download anything.

5. traxx75

traxx75 Registered Member

6. spaceage

Thank you traxx. Unfortunately these suggestions didn't work. I'm starting to think that my problem with firefox is unfixable. I've been working on this for a long time now and am completely stuck. Any suggestions are appreciated.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

spaceage, what version of Firefox and what version of keyscrambler are you using?
    What other security are you running both realtime and otherwise?

8. spaceage

I am using the latest version of each. ff 3.5.6 and keyscrambler 2.6. I have avast antivirus and comodo firewall. I also run spywareblaster. I'll occasionally run malwarebytes and superantispyware on demand.

Unfortunately my main problem now has become not being able to save or download any files on firefox. Of course I still can't get keyscrambler to work on ff, what I thought was my initial problem. Internet explorer and cometbird, the 2 other browsers I have download and save files with no problem. If I weren't paranoid about security I'd just uninstall firefox and run Internet explorer and cometbird. Unfortunately spywareblaster doesn't recognize cometbird and I can't use keyscrambler on it. I'm thinking about going back to Internet explorer for the most part since IE is recognized by spywareblaster and does run keyscrambler but it doesn't have all the great add ons that make me feel better like no script and add block plus.

I'll stop rambling now.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but, does keyscrambler work on Win7 64 bit. I see that their page mentions Vista 64 bit.

10. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

works ok with latest beta and finalFF

11. jesusjesus

jesusjesus Registered Member

I downloaded a few keyloggers to see how they worked with keyscrambler. Works great as expected but I noticed by default these keyloggers image capture the active screen you're typing on as well making keyscrambler useless.

But I guess if it's a virus/trogan thing you've picked up & it's sending your information back along with thousands of other people's then it's more likely only the text would be recorded as attackers computers could be set automatically to search for passwords/usernames, creditcard details etc. I can't imagine an individual manually searching through thousands of screen captures.

If you were targetted individually then your information would be a lot more important to the attacker and it's more probable that screen captures would be taken & so keyscrambler is defeated with stuff like credit card numbers and emails etc. Passwords would still be safe.

12. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I have heard that Zemana blocks screencaps., Have you tested any keyloggers with Zemana?

13. bierni86

bierni86 Registered Member

I've tried keyscrambler peronal and I must say it is a good software but I would like to try out the premium version and I thought I downloaded the"trial" version witch is not the trial and it dosen't work - I need of course the e-mail and key product to run this soft. If someone has it and dosen't use can hand it over to me:) I have some keys for many software I don't use so an exchange is possible.

best regards

mati

14. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes, I can confirm this for W7 Ultimate 64 bit.

15. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I started to update firefox and it showed two addons that were not yet compatible. One was Keyscrambler. So I canceled it. screw that. I use Keyscrambler Premium.

16. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Are you talking FF 3.6?
    If so I'll remain at 3.5 for now.

Which 2 addons were they BTW?

17. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Using Keyscrambler with FF 3.6 without any problems here. Had a couple of other addons show as incompatible but they work OK. I don't think that compatibility checker is a lot of cop to be honest.

Attached Files:

• key.JPG
      key.JPG
      File size:
      42.8 KB
      Views:
  18. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

It works for a little while, and then starts producing a lot BSOD's. I have informed the developer on many occasions, I have the Premium Edition, and he has sent me updates, but they don't solve the problem. I finally got tired of the nonsense and uninstalled. No problems since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.