KeyScrambler reviews?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by tooth, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tooth

tooth Registered Member

Has anyone personally tested and used this application for encrypting keystrokes?

QFX Software: Keyscrambler Personal? Just trying to see if it's worth trying out

Thanks!

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Here's a review: Brilliant :thumb:

I'm using Personal.

3. tooth

tooth Registered Member

Curious why on the CNET reviews someone said it was infected, which could be typical tard on there not knowing what he's talking about

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Took the words right out of my mouth :)

5. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

I too, use the product and love it.:thumb:

6. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Excellent program, I use it at both home and work. :thumb:

7. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Hang on. There's lots of cheerleading without straight-talking. Fact check: It's important to remember that KeyScrambler Personal is a very limited browser add-on to IE, Firefox and Flock. It only encrypts keystrokes when using those browsers. That's not exactly a product to defeat keyloggers. So, for full disclosure's sake, it defeats keyloggers under certain circumstances (this being the use of the above mentioned browsers). Even the most expensive "Premium" version only works with supported applications. I'm not saying this is good or bad or anything else, I'm just for letting people know what they're using and nobody has yet mentioned the very serious restrictions on its ability to defeat keylogging.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  8. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

So, for those who use IE and Firefox, it's a great program.

9. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I use Keyscrambler Pro. It works with TrueCrypt....which is pretty cool. Actually, whenever you see the green bar as you type, it is working. I also use Zemana Antikeylogger.

10. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

OK, well let me clarify then. If you use IE, Firefox, or Flock and pay your bills online and keyscrambler is active then you will not have to worry about keyloggers.

11. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Right and if you use TrueCrypt and have private documents you want secure, your password is wide-open and in the clear and you have no protection whatsoever from keyloggers with KeyScrambler Personal.

I don't want people thinking this is a program that will protect everything you do on your computer from keyloggers, it doesn't. It secures what you do in your browser only in the personal version and only selected applications in the other two versions. This isn't blanket protection from all keys typed. As you know, keyloggers collect all information typed on your keyboard. Does KeyScrambler encrypt all of your keyboard strokes? No, it does not.
    http://www.qfxsoftware.com/products.htm There's the comparison.

12. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

You are absolutely correct. It should be made clear that one should run this program alongside other security apps. A solid firewall with HIPS (Outpost Firewall PRO) is what I use alongside this app. It has keylog detection built-in. A dedicated AV should be used as well if you are not sure how to fully use HIPS.

13. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I do run it with a very strong Rising firewall suite and GesWall..

14. tooth

tooth Registered Member

I'm well aware it's only for those apps, thats all i need it for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.