KeyScrambler Anti KL updated

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

2. CloneRanger

Heads up

Just installed it to try, & even after allowing all prompts in ProcessGuard & Zemana i get this error ?

pp.gif

So i disabled Zemana & PSOL thinking there might be a conflict, but still get the error ? Only tried it on FF v.3.6.14 - XP/SP2

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I've been using the new version (2.8.0.1) for about a week now without any issues.
    That's with the pro version and using opera as my browser.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

any thing new in this version?thanks

5. LoneWolf

From their website...........

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks buddy;) cool tool:thumb:

7. CloneRanger

Anybody else see this for Properties ?

ksp.gif

8. LoneWolf

Yes, I have installers for 2.6.0.6, 2.7.0.0, 2.7.1.0 and 2.8.0.1 and they are all exactly as your screenshot, blank.

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

KeyScrambler updated

KeyScrambler 2.8.0.1 Professional without any problems. :cool:

10. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

does this work or Just a false sense of security

I tried it against Basic Keylogger it encrypted the text

But Is there advanced Loggers that Defeats it o_Oo_O?/

:-*

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It is really good against keyloggers but my only concern is that MRG claims that it failed there keylogger test( failed to intercept hooking by it).

KS people probably did not communicate with MRG to fix this issue, may be some money matters are involved there. MRG people refuse to share their keylogger publically.

12. guest

guest Guest

There are many ways to steal the keylog, KeyScrambler encript the keys on real time so, on real time the malware can not capture the keys.
    Another thing if after writing you send the information and the malware capture the packets with the information, KeyScrambler is not designed for this kind of protection.
    MRG knew that and still they tested it.
    It's the same that when Matousec test a normal firewall against HIPS tests although the firewall does not have an HIPS module.

13. CloneRanger

Thanks for the confirmation :thumb: Very strange though, especially when it's still ongoing ?

I havn't bothered trying to install it again !

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

The test simulator logged the keys in real time in that case. The testing was not flawed in case of KS. At the same time, PSOL and Rapport passed that test.

15. guest

guest Guest

I saw the video of the simulator and as far as I can saw it was not on real time, on real time means that when you type a char the sim test is able to copy it.
    In the test he wrote something then he click on send and them the keylogger was able to capture the whole sentence.
    Also he only proved that works on IE, not in notepad, not in opera, or chrome, firefox, word, or any other application where you can write. They didn't give any detail, maybe was a bug of IE and now is fixed... maybe not.
    PSOL and Rapptor are not going to protect you if you write something on word, access...
    It's depend what you want but PSOL and Rapptor work in a different way than KeyScrambler.

KeyScrambler encrypts on real time everything you write, but if then you send this information using a broswer and the info is intercepted by a tool able to break the security of the broswer or is able ot intercept the packets, keysrambler can not help you.
    PSOL and Rapptor isolate your broswer from being compromise.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  16. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

This program will not protect you if you happen to have sent any data to Sony for a Playstation account.

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

May be you are right. Actually they must had rectified the issue by contacting MRG people. Until then I don,t feel as confident about KS as I used to be before that.

Infact I highly suspect that KS missed somehow the the hooking by the malware as GW and DW passed this test when simulator was run isolated and these two software have no special keylogger protection or data protection for IE except for stopping the hooking by malware.

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

a solid firewall is more than enough:cool:

19. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

sorry to tell you

but All of malware , loggers

these days are designed to bypass a Firewall

cuz now windows ship with default On windows Firewall

Belive me i'm telling you that because it happend to me :(

20. guest

guest Guest

The malware can not bypass a firewall in normal conditions, maybe you had a different problem.
    Windowa firewall is weaker than the the normal firewalls
    Any firewall will alert you if a new process/malware is trying to contact to internet

21. guest

guest Guest

KS was aware of the test, they contacted with MRG asking to be removed and... nobody knows what happened.
    It's like test winamp against hips test...
    KS can not fix this issue because their software is not intended to block this kind of behabiour, if they want to protect against this they will need to develop a whole new software

22. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Nothing alerted anything

All Ondemand scanners + AV rescue disk
    failed to FInd the Logger
    i'm sure it was there
    i was using comodo with pretty strict policy

so For that i think it's an injected Operation :doubt: o_O
    OR a Rootkit :doubt: o_O

23. guest

guest Guest

Comodo already fixed this issue adding script detection to the HIPS

But you found it? you are not sure you were infected?

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Any official comments by them in that case?

25. guest

guest Guest

I emailed KS about this, they told me that they will request to be removed from the test since their software was not intended to isolate the broswer, I don't know what happened next.

MRG told in the forum that since they claim in the website to protect against keyloging they will test it even knowing that will fail in every single test.

For me and for more people was obvious that KS would fail in every test, maybe for other people not, and is good for them know the limitations, anyway now as you can see the image of KS has been damage because from MRG didn't explain this issue well either.

So KS protects your keylog from being captured on real time by any method, and that's all.

If you want to know more email to KS attaching the pdf of the test and asking for explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.