KeyScrambler 3.2 is released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tyrizian, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

http://www.qfxsoftware.com/download/whats-new.htm

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

If I´m correct this tool doesn´t really offer good protection against more advanced malware.

Encrypting keystrokes just doesn´t cut it anymore. :)

3. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Yeah, it was good a few years ago ...

4. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Key loggers still exist though...

I wonder what other protection actually prove effective outside of X64 built defenses nothing seems to be proven effective anymore.
    Outside of driver level monitoring, interference is problematic.

Also notice the disappearance of the support for Firefox, the latest update crapped out my Win 7 X64 Ultimate, blue screen every time until I removed it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  5. vojta

vojta Registered Member

No, Firefox is still supported. It's just that they don't use the add-on any more because FF's frequent updates used to break compatibility:

"32 Supported Browsers: Advanced Browser, AM Browser, AOL Explorer, AOL 9, Avant, Cyberfox, Comodo Dragon, Comodo IceDragon, CometBird, Crazy Browser, Firefox, Flock, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, K-meleon, Lunascape, Maxthon, MSN Explorer, Netscape, Orca Browser, Opera, Safari for Windows, Seamonkey, SlimBrowser, SR Iron Browser, TheWorld Browser, Palemoon, QupZilla, RockMelt, Superbird, Torch, WaterFox, and Yahoo Browser."

Your problem must be a bug.

6. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Well then I must have this "bug" too, because it flat out doesn't work for Firefox for me either, on my XP Pro 32-bit box. The icon in the taskbar is yellow and says I'm not in a protected application. Well... I should be.

And I never have bugs. My box is very well maintained. I do clean installs/uninstalls, reboot, clean junk/keys up afterward, and defrag.

I really don't think Keyscrambler Personal (at least) does work with Firefox anymore. At least not with v22. This isn't just 1 isolated incident either... I've now seen this on 3 different boxes.

If anyone has any advice on how to remedy this I'm all ears.

7. vojta

vojta Registered Member

"A bug" means that the program is unintentionally flawed, not that your computer is wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

They say that Firefox is still supported and so I guess that they'll try to fix this.

8. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I think it's all been downhill ever since v3. v2.9.3 worked fine. I personally prefered it when it was used as an add-on in FF. I prefer it over having the thing running real-time.

I would have kept using v2.9.3 indefinitely, only it stopped being compatible with Firefox after awhile, I forget which version. And I don't think it has worked with FF ever since then, even this new v3.

Another sign of "progress" being a regression. I prefer the way it used to be. They should have just worked on making v2 compatible with the new versions of FF instead of re-invented the wheel. If so I'd still use it.

9. buggy

buggy Registered Member

I have 3.1 working fine with FF ESR 17.07 in my XP Home 32 bit. No probs in several months. Will prob switch to 3.2 after the next ms update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.