KeyPass and Old Passwords

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by FileShredder, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileShredder

FileShredder Registered Member

Let's say my Keypass database passwords.kdb is protected with the password letmein. I change this password to something much more secure. Someone else then manages to access the encrypted passwords.kdb file and they are aware that my password used to be letmein. Is there any known vulnerability of keypass database files accepting old passwords? I could just make a new database from scratch force peace of mind but I'd rather not if there's no real need in it.

2. phkhgh

phkhgh Registered Member

I assume you mean "Keepass?" The open source prgm http://keepass.info/ BTW, a new version is out.

I've used it several yrs & read an awful lot of KP's forum posts. Never heard it mentioned. I guess that's a valid question - never heard it asked. But there are lots of "uh-oh's" discovered & someone says, "Why didn't we see that before?"

You could post on their forum (Sourceforge), find out & report back here... tomorrow... before noon... GMT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.