Keylogger activity using Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RedCloud58, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedCloud58

RedCloud58 Guest

I use both Spyware Blaster and AOL's anti-spyware programs. The AOL program aways reports an Advanced key logger program running whenever I activate Spyware Blaster. I've uninstalled Spyware Blaster and the Key Logger is no longer present on my computer. Has anyone else had this same trouble?

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

There`s two programs out 1 is the one you have "Spyware Blaster" a nd the good one that`s called "SpywareBlaster" I think the one you have is supposed to be a shady program. Not 100% sure on this.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Does AOL give any info....a registry entry....name of a file ?

Unins000.exe :doubt:

4. jorobIII

jorobIII Guest

Hey RedCloud. I am having the same problem. AOL says it is a "retrovirus" and continues to come back. Have you found the problem?

5. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Does anyone else think the AOL scan has many problems? anyone remember VLoading?

Mine constantly detects things that really arent there, Thanks AOL

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I'm an AOL user, and in the past, my AOL Spyware Protection had occasionally, but not always, detected advance key logger programs while SpywareBlaster was running in the background, but I always accredited that to AOL's SP being a good anti-spyware program and not because of SpywareBlaster. Usually, when a key logger is detected, is after I've done some extensive searches on the internet and probably came in contact with some rogue sites. Also, I've noticed key loggers after I've done song lyric searches. Often times, many song lyric sites are so screwy that many of them bombard you with excessive pop-up ads, and there's probably a lot of crap that secretly gets downloaded into your computer. I'm going to have to find a few good lyric sites that don't have all the pop-up ads and crap, and bookmark them and only use them instead of doing a direct search for lyrics on the interent.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

umm AOL isn't the best anti spyware program. i would suggest spybot 1.4 and Adaware SE

8. roker

roker Guest

Saw a magazine article where spybot was only 56% efficient and sunbelt was 93% efficient, so I bought Sunbelt and it found another 12 spyware after spybot said I was clear, including a keylogger.

9. Visitor1943

Visitor1943 Guest

Same exact problem with Spyware Blaster running.

Two programs pick it up:

AOL's anti-spyware and Microsoft's Beta Antispyware.

Neither Spybot Search & Destroy nor Adaware SE can find it.

For what it's worth............Tom

10. Visitor1943

Visitor1943 Guest

Also forgot to add that Microsoft's Beta Antispyware states that the author is
    "Nicesoft" back in April 22, 2005. Sounds like it's been around awhile and none of the big names in Antispy have picked it up yeto_O

Did not take the time to trace the so-called author, just keep putting the blasted thing in quarantine.

For what it's worth........Tom

11. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please report the false-positives to the authors of those programs? (And they are, indeed, false-positives if they are detecting anything related to SpywareBlaster.) Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.