keyboard typing sound on Win 10

Discussion in 'hardware' started by beethoven, Dec 4, 2016.

1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I just took out my laptop (Dell) running Win 10 as I wanted to check something. I had not used it for some time and of course it went into auto-update mode. I am not sure if this caused the change or if I managed to hit some key before but at present I am getting frustrated by the typing sounds on the keyboard. I googled and looked at many suggestions but can't find any solution. If I go to control panel/sounds I can see the system sounds but nothing on keyboard sounds. I don't want to to turn off the speaker or sound totally, just don't need the sound when typing something in the browser or a notepad. I tried the "right" shift hold for 8 seconds but that did not work for me.It's not the onscreen touch pad or keyboard but the standard in built keyboard of the laptop.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. beethoven

Stapp, sadly this is the first thread I stumbled across and it did not help me.

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

5. guest

guest Guest

Maybe you have an option in the BIOS to disable the typing sound. :cautious:

6. beethoven

This is more than weird - this morning when I booted the laptop, the issue was gone without doing anything further. I wonder if one of the settings I tried to change yesterday only worked after a reboot?

7. guest

guest Guest

That is possible, a change was effective only after a reboot.

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Any ideas which one it may have been?

(to help others searching who have same issue)

9. beethoven

sorry, no I went through many different google links, many of them relating to touchscreens (so not relevant to me) and or trying to work out the culprit via control panel / sounds and then identify the sound. I tried the right shift hold and that "worked" to get me the ease of access centre and did adjust settings there. Can't say that I was really convinced by the options and was not surprised when the typing sound continued afterwards. I was holding off on Mood's suggestion to modify the registry - I am not daring enough to do that generally. Fortunately after the reboot the issue was gone. Sorry, I cannot be more specific.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.