keyboard driver screwup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by davidw_426, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidw_426

davidw_426 Registered Member

ok, panicking a bit here. i found out that keyscrambler still had a driver file in the system32 folder long after i uninstalled the program. so i deleted the file and now no keyboards work. i have been using a ps/2 one, and am getting this

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

i have tried uninstalling the drivers that still seem to exist and trying to let windows find it again, but no dice. recovery on the xp cd won't let me use it because even though i don't use a pass to log on, it thinks i do. the generic xp drivers are there, they just won't load i guess. what do i do, i really do not want to reinstall everything over again. for now i'm having to use the onscreen keyboard.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  3. davidw_426

davidw_426 Registered Member

Hi again Global :) I tried doing those things and man it just got to the point where I said screw it and reinstalled. It kinda scared me away from Keyscrambler now, whether it was the softwares fault or not :) But all is well with a new clean system...speaking of which I'll never turn off System Restore ever again, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.