keyboard bug

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lutindiable, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lutindiable

lutindiable Registered Member

i have a laptop that has some form of keyboard virus or bug, when you type it registers a stuck key and keeps typing but not that letter that you pressed, for example if you press 'e' it wil continually type 's' until backspace is pressed, yet it works perfectly well on an external keyboard, has anybody got any advice?

2. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Would it be because of something being stuck between the keys and the actual keyboard?

3. lutindiable

naa i checked it out, stripped all the keys down and theres nothing stuck, that was my first thing, but by all accounts i aint the first to have this problem,

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Bugs_Alerts/Q_21586285.html

i found a lil info here on it but it doesnt give me too much to go on,

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_669.htm

i found some here too but i can't seem to find any instructions to remove it manually, and i dont have macafee antivirus and havin had past experiance with macafee software i no longer trust the software, there must be some other way of solving this problem

4. lutindiable

jus trying to reawaken this topic, has anyone found me a solution yet?

5. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

So do you mean you never had McAfee on the lap top, or it is no longer on it? Just trying to clarify for myself. It still could be a "mechanical" non-software related issue with the keyboard even though there is nothing wrong visually with it. The soldered tracks between the touch pads that the keys strike when pressed can go bad without much visual evidence causing all kinds of problems. If it is software related then a fresh install of the OS should fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.