Key Logging Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CrusherW9, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

I am wondering how keylogging would work on my system. I have Sandboxie and in each sandbox, I have start/run and internet access restrictions. My question is, what different ways would it be possible for my keystrokes to be logged? According to this page, I think I'm susceptible to windows hook, windows message, and scripted keyloggers. Will the restrictions I have defeat windows hook keyloggers? For the windows message keyloggers, will running EMET prevent them from working? As for scripted keyloggers, is there really anything you can do other than using No-Script or a url blocker(if they even detect these things)? Basically I'm trying to figure out if I need to run something like Zemana, Spyshelter, or Key Scrambler.

2. Sordid

Sordid Registered Member

An exploit should be isolated to only grabbing from the SB. Pretty thorough list. I use Comodo. Any HIPS should work.

But for in application scripts, JS rules will prevent that; No Script, indeed. Keyscrambling could be bypassed or not used (jack cookie instead)

I use Chrome with Kees' JS rules and use an isolated browser/OS. You would generally need to get the script to run on a Chrome isolated page.

Use NS on Firefox.

& a good password manager.

There are some exotic JS shields, but I would wait until they are ready for primetime. (Search /prevent JavaScript exploits/ and there are some pages comparing JS mechanisms)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.