kernel panic on backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sysit6, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sysit6

    sysit6 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2009
    Posts:
    3
    hello

    i have installed acronis true image server linux 9.1 on RHEL4 update 7 ( HP DL580 G3 )
    the installation went smooth and the snapapi module was compiled successfully
    if i try to backup the /swap or /boot partition everything working great
    if i try to backup only selected files again everything working fine
    but the the second i try to backup the / ( root partition ) the system panic
    its complaining about the cciss module ( hp hardware raid controller )
    i try both redhat native cciss driver and HP latest cciss driver
    i checked both 32bit and 64 bit distribution fresh installations
    in all the cases the same result as soon as you press the start backup button for the / partition the system panic

    nay ideas ?
     
  2. sysit6

    sysit6 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2009
    Posts:
    3
    another thing i noticed is that running backups from cli using trueimagecli
    is more stable that gui
    the gui backups cause the server to panic in the 1st-2nd attempt using cli it last for 6-10 attempts.
    i run backup through cron every 10 minutes the longest i seen the server alive was almost 2 hours then panic
    and even then only about 30% of the backups ending successfully and the rest of the 70% end with error "Internal error: start sector is not in uncopied area"
    those panics seems completely random

    i will appreciate any help
     
  3. Acronis Support

    Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2004
    Posts:
    25,885
    Hello sysit6,

    Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

    I have sent a file to your via PM. Please install it according to the guide available here and see if the issue remains.

    Let us know the results.

    Thank you.

    --
    Oleg Lee
     
  4. sysit6

    sysit6 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2009
    Posts:
    3
    hello
    thank you for the replay the new snapapi26 module solved my issues
    now all the backups are completed successfully and the server no longer panics

    just one question if you know there is issues with the snapapi module why don't you integrate newer version of snapapi module with the true image server build that provided
    in acronis website
    the latest build i download had snapapi version 0.7.16 and the one you gave me was 0.7.44 i assume there are many different versions in between

    any way thanks again for the assistance that helped me alot
     
  5. Acronis Support

    Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2004
    Posts:
    25,885
    Hello sysit6,

    Thank you for your feedback. I am really glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

    The latest build of SnapAPI module will be implemented for the next build and for the new version of Acronis True Image. We compile new builds of SnapAPI file rather frequently, we are unable to release new builds with the same speed.

    Thank you.

    --
    Oleg Lee
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.