Keriver 1-click Free Restore Question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Calarin, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calarin

Calarin Registered Member

Hey all,

So I have a bit of a problem.... my drive failed last week and I have a fairly complete backup on a secondary drive that was made with Keriver 1-click free. However, when booting with the Keriver recovery USB flash drive or CD, it thinks I haven't performed a baseline snapshot.

The problem might be because my OS is now on a 120gb SSD, where before it was on the 1.5TB drive that crashed. I have other drives that I can extract to, but it isn't giving me that option.

So, I have about 600GB in .ego files from Keriver that I can't do anything with.

Does the Pro version give any more functionality to this? It seems silly that I can't restore these files since it can't find a baseline snapshot.

Thank you!

2. Empath

Empath Registered Member

I have the Pro version, so, I'm not too familiar with the differences of the free version. I prefer using the usb rescue recovery method, rather than altering my MBR. When I use it, it too doesn't automatically locate my file(s), but I'm given the opportunity to run it, if I know where it is.

Try this. In the DOS window, type flcloader.exe . If it's like the Pro version, it will load the flcloader interface, and show your snapshot options.

3. Calarin

Calarin Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't see that exe and couldn't run it from the recovery boot drive either... but I re-read the free version and it is worded a bit vaguely when it comes to the actual recover part. I looked at the Pro and could immediately tell the free one is just for making the backups. I just purchased it since it's only $20. When it has you pick the drive for backups, it automatically picked the one I had a backup stored on.

The one thing I had to do was not make a baseline snapshot, and then I saw it made a new folder called Keriver 1-Click Backup Folder, which differed from the free version snapshot folder that had dates and numbers appended to the end. After renaming the free snapshot folder to just Keriver 1-Click Backup Folder, I was able to see that snapshot and mount the virtual drive. I am now recovering most all of my data, minus a month or so.... definitely worth the $20!

Cheers!

4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.