kerish doctor 2014 is so buggy thats unbelievable for a paid product

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by taleblou, Oct 19, 2014.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

That's to be expected as Kerish Doctor is not an antivirus. It can detect some threats, but it is not intented to replace antivirus software, and nowhere on the Kerish website does it state it can be used to do so.

2. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

well because people talked about honeypot multi in house engine and so proud of its zero-days. But it did not pick up anything. Even crappy iobit malware defender picked a couple.

on the other hand the same test with baidu-av plus baidu-security browser picked all up and blocked everyone of them in the browser. Was shocked how solid baidu security browser is.

by the way those malwares i tested via IE for kerish doctor. Since baid security browser would detect and block them all.

3. roger_m

I get your point, but the main use for Kerish Doctor is to clean up junk and fix PC problems.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  4. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Kerish themselves don't even state it's an AV.. Similar to Glary, which does have a malware scanner - a very limited one, but nevertheless it does have a scanner. To start hammering these adjunct products with malware test databases is pretty ludicrous, they aren't designed for that purpose.

I think the purpose of Kerish is to protect against certain malware that infects the system areas Kerish protects. It's not an antivirus. Also Kerish has core system area protection, registry protection, and protection against BHO/Toolbars. Also did you notice "Kerish Deblocker"? It recovers a system blocked by Malware, Cryptos, and Ransomwares.

Kerish Deblocker feature allows system unblocking if user can't do it by himself. If your PC is blocked by malware or an fullscreen application has stopped responding press Escape button for 10 seconds to activate Kerish Deblocker function to terminate active window process;

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  5. roger_m

I did not know about the unlocker function. I am liking this software more and more. I think I will contact Kerish to see if they can fix the single false positive the registry cleaner is giving and then start using the real time protection.

6. taleblou

well Yesterday I bought a new ASUS M11AD desktop with 12GB ram and 1 TB harddrive and windows 8.1 64bit. When I tried kerish doctor and it installed fine and when ran and click on any of its function, got the same crash issue as before. Now this is a brand new pc and the latest kerish doctor from their download site has still the same crash issue.

So I uninstalled kerish doctor and removed its leftovers. I just do not get whats with this issue.

7. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Maybe a conflict with some other software you are installing? Sent a message to support@kerish.org If this was a totally fresh desktop, with NOTHING else on it, that's very odd - did you install anything just before Kerish?.. I've now put Kerish on 16 computers without any issue other than that one, which was a system corruption issue. I

8. taleblou

well I installed the same usual that install on all pcs . I get my softwares from ninite (https://ninite.com/) site usually.

the softwares I install are and were the same as the ones I had on the win 7 64bit that I got kerish working fine. The only different was no antivirus installed on my new win 8.1. By the way they have not told me that they have repaired the old crash info and logs I send them. So if they could make a fix for the crash issue then I think it will work on mine new pc too.

Right now I have only shadow defender on and no other security softwares on my new win8.1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.