kerish doctor 2014 is so buggy thats unbelievable for a paid product

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by taleblou, Oct 19, 2014.

1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

well finally downloaded from their site and installed it and still the same crash.

2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

The fix that came out last night/today is only for ONE bug I reported. They are still working on the other one I reported, which is the major crash one on 'some' systems. Out of 10 machines here this only happens on one.

I actually have 'blindly' executed Kerish on almost 15 machines already, and find it stable, and safe to run. No issues yet other than the 1 machine. BUT in your case I think you have some issues with that machine, possibly some drive issues. In my case, I already knew the machine it had errors on was long overdue for a flatten. It's been infected/cleaned in the past, and has a ton of 'junk' on it. I have a new SSD coming in for it tomorrow, but I am waiting for Kerish engineers to see if they can address the errors before I install the new SSD and flatten it. I'm running Kerish on a server right now, and it's rock solid on that, and I've already run full scan/optimizes on it. In fact it runs much better with Kerish on it, and the CPU isn't spiking as much.

Overall, impressive program!

3. taleblou

well to my experience with tons of softwares, this is the first software that has issues like this. Never faced anything like this ever before with any other software. I have tested tons and I mean tons of them. but who knows hopwfuly they can figure it out and fix the issue.

for now iot is synei, glerysoft and ccleaner.

4. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Kerish doctor is extremely complex, and works from the kernal. It functions in realtime, and prevents errors as they happen in some cases, and proactively attempts to fix them. Glary and CCleaner don't do anything nearly this complex. So it stands to reason there may be some issues with some configurations. Also, Kerish functions as a secondary anti-malware layer, although I have yet to determine what engine they've licensed to do that it's weight is feather like on a system.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It is quite unique in what it does. While other software such as Glary Utilities and Advanced SystemCare claim to be able to fix errors, it is actually quite rare for them to actually do so, whereas Kerish Doctor actually can fix errors. For example once when I uninstalled Norton, Glary picked up that there was a problem with Windows Firewall and fixed it.
    As far as I know its their own engine. Also it's detection rates are pretty poor I think, and not to intented to replace other antiviruses. Many years ago they published their own antivirus.

6. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I've seen Kerish fix errors first hand. Glary is 'basic' at best.. Some 'basic' cleanup (even with deepscan), some very very basic fixes, and a good tool to fix startups, and run automated cleanups. Otherwise I find Kerish to be far superior. I have unlimited lifetime licenses to Glary but I am really considering uninstalling it and sticking with Kerish. Right now I have both installed, but that's probably redundant.

Kerish AV sounds pretty weak, but even if it has a 50%-60% detection rate, I consider the AV nothing more than a part of a product I already use, so that's a free MSE like detection level.. LOL! I notice multiple times a day Kerish updates it's AV database, so they seem active in that area still.

7. roger_m

I've never seen the AV give any false positives, which is a good thing. So while it may not detect a lot, at least it shouldn't remove any clean files.

8. taleblou

what I am saying that I have not encountered a software that crashed the way kerish doctor does. You know like work on some pc and do not work on others of works soemtimes and then stopp working and crashing like in my case.

Softwares either work or do not work on all pcs and not a selected few.

9. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Well I have it on 15 PC's now.. Only 1 has issues, but that's being flattened tonight, with an SSD put in it. So that problem will go away. It was a corrupt windows install anyway.

10. roger_m

You need to test more software. Currently I have 300+ installers in my downloads directory that I have collected in the five months since I installed Windows on my laptop. When you test as much software as I do, you will find software that crashes or even fails to run without any error messages on some PCs. So the behaviour you areexperiencing is not unique to Kersih, and if you submit bug reports to them like @Mayahana is, then they should be able to fix the bug so it works for you.

11. taleblou

well I went and reformat and went back to a fresh win 7 ultimate and I tried it again and sofar kerish doctor is working well. This is the same pc and with the same thing. SO it did not work on former win 7 64bit and fresh win 8.1 format, but now I reformat win 7 and all is well.

This is very weird and strange. SO far I have installed it last night when put a fresh windows and all is well and working fine until now. This is a big mystery.

I am thinking maybe a windows tweak is not going well with it? I do not know.

12. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Most errors with Kerish seem to be system files. At least so far that's what we determined working together on it. On machines with this issue boot into safe mode, run SFC /scannow, and it may fix it. In my case the files weren't repairable, so I reformatted that machine.. Kerish works very hard, on a deep level, so any serious kernal/file corruptions will kill it. But ideally with Kerish installed on a fresh machine these issues SHOULD be taken care of before they manifest.

13. roger_m

There's nothing strange about that at all. you must have had some serious issues with Windows which were causing the problem with Kerish, it's to be expected that it will work fine on a clean install of Windows, as Windows will be working fine after a clean install.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  14. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Absolutely. Which is why I noted in my report that my sons machine was 'dirty'.. A couple malware cleans over the last year, plenty of junk files, over 1TB of games/addons/mods. Meh, it was junked up. Now on a new SSD with a 1TB second drive for game files, Kerish should work perfectly, and keep it clean. We will see.. As noted, Kerish seems to work at a very deep level, and if your machine has corrupt dll's/system files, it's going to crash. Installed on a clean system, Kerish in theory should keep it clean, and prevent crashes and errors. We will see.

15. taleblou

but the clean win 8.1 also had that issue when I tested after a while. I do not know, but hopefully they can soon find a fix for it so that a problematic pc can be fixed by kerish doctor rather then crashing.

16. roger_m

Did you have any security software installed when you were running Windows 8.1?

17. taleblou

The same softwares I have on now on win 7 one that is working fine. The only thing I did not do on win 7 that I did on the other was more tweaking the windows for speed and security. Idid it less on the current one.

18. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Kerish tells me some errors can be corrected by uninstalling Kerish, running the following pack; http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24417

Then reinstalling Kerish.

Also I was told the AV in Kerish is their in-house one, gets updated constantly, and they have honeypots to farm threats, but also harvest them from 'online' resources (Like Jotti, and Virscan).

19. taleblou

people with macrium reflect watch as kerish doctor scan and fixing interferes with it. Every time I run kerish doctor and finish cleaning and fixing, then checked macrium reflect free, window had to reconfigure macrium reflect. So it seems this is maybe a bug that need to be looked after.

one more thing seems kerish doctor constantly finds error and fixed them and reports them. This is very strange act. Something strange is going on with kerish doctor.

20. taleblou

the strange thing happened to me too. Yesterday suddenly kerish doctor went from the full register to the trial mode and a fresh install mode? So had to re-register it. It was weired.

21. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Probably an update. I reported a bug that timed out the paid version incorrectly, and it seemed related to time zone issues. They claim they issued a patch to fix it, maybe you got patched up to fix it?

22. taleblou

do not know but it was weird and strange. hopefully got the patch. I was glad that the giveaway license for 3 years still worked to re-register it.

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I've reported 3 bugs, I think 2 of them have been patched, and the third was related to a corrupt Windows install here.

So far I really like Kerish. I like the added protection of a passive, zero impact Antivirus based off Honepots and Meta-Scanners. I like the fact that it automatically does some pretty deep fixes in the background, and it seems to do them well without breaking anything.

24. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Full new version of Kerish released today. Hit update within the program, then install, and it will kill the program and restart it for you.

This apparently solves some bug I reported.

25. taleblou

I ran a test on kerish doctor anti-malware-zero day protection and cleaning and frankly it failed completely. It did not warn or block or even detect any of the malwares when scanned.
    look at the snapshots.
    image one is of before manual scan testing its shield which failed and everything installed.
    image two is after manual scan and as you see kerish doctor detected zero and a failed.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.