Kerio "Stop All Traffic" isn't... help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ForestCat, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForestCat

ForestCat Registered Member

I've posted this over at Kerio as well. Hope someone here might be able to explain this...

Dell 8100 laptop
    Win2k SP4
    kerio-kpf-4.2.0-785-win

1. Pulled ethernet cable.
    2. In Local Area Connection Properties:
    Unchecked everything ( Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, NetBEUI Protocol, and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP))
    3. Rebooted
    4. Installed Kerio 4.2 from CD
    5. Rebooted
    6. In Kerio, disabled updates, crash reports, in Applications, set EVERYTHING to "Ask". Set Kerio to STOP ALL TRAFFIC
    8. Plugged in ethernet cable

The activity lights on my switch for the ports for this laptop & the router start flashing like artillery fire, and they do not stop.
    A little background: I installed 4.2 because this was happening with 2.15, which I assumed to have been compromised. When I became suspicious, I pulled this hard drive, mounted it as a slave in a pc that was a virgin install of XP Pro, & proceed to do an exhaustive scan of it using Diamond TDS-3 with the most current defs available. Found nothing. Kaspersky was running all along, detected nothing. What the hell is going on here?
    I have four other systems on the same router, none of them show any unsolicited activity whatsoever. What is getting around kerio, more importantly, how, given all my protocols & components are unchecked (disabled?) I am completely stumped. PortExplorer shows NOTHING. Is there some way short of putting a shiffer between this laptop & the internet to see what is happening?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Try running Ethereal to see what, if anything, is happening in the way of network traffic.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.