kerio firewall help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sandra, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandra

sandra Registered Member

when i tried to install the latest version if kerio i got a message

" setup has detected conflict software install on your computer . do u want to continue ?

can anyone can help ?

2. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

Hi sandra,

Did the setup tell you with which software it is in conflict with?
    Usually this happens if you have another firewall installed and/or active. If you have another firewall installed, you will have to remove it before installing Kerio.

If the firewall is already uninstalled, let us know which one it was and maybe the firewall experts here can help you remove any remnents of the previous firewll that is conflicting with Kerio.

3. sandra

sandra Registered Member

thanks for the idea i uninstall outpost firewall and
    now kerio firewall is working fine

4. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

your welcome, sandra :)

As you can see firewalls can be pretty finicky, it is always safe to remove one firewall before installing another, even if there's no warning message.

5. blessed  guy

blessed guy Guest

i am also running two firewalls zone alarm and kerio . i never had a problem

6. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

BGUY.......oh yes you do have a problem you just don't realize that you do.
    I can only guess that there are people who think that some screen is going to pop-up saying some off-the-wall message about there is a problem....but it just does not work that way
    BGUY do you think that by having two firewalls you have more security....well guess what..it could be said that you would be better off having no firewall at all.....cause you are crippling your system using those two firewalls....
    Hey Bud,,,your computer..your choice.....

Got no more to say on this subject.

7. sunita

sunita Registered Member

same here

8. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

I have to aggree with RedLobster you have no more security with 2 then one FW set up properly with a very set of tight rules. All you are doing is creating a greater potential for big problems/conflicts running 2 fire walls. Why not just run one and set it up with a really good tight set of rules? :rolleyes:

Regards,
    ~FIREDANCER~

9. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

running 2 firewalls:

rl & fd make a good point. If you want to prove the theory just dl Process Explorer and look at the overlap of dll's and imagine the potential conflicts:

http://www.sysinternals.com/

On the other hand it may depend on your configuration and dearth of overlap between the 2 firewalls as to whether your system can get away with this if you derive some benefit from running 2 firewalls.

For example maybe if you run a version of Kerio or say maybe Sygate & you suspect it may not pick up loopback traffic the way you want... well maybe adding LnS free version to the mix... you may be surprised at what is picked up... assuming they are able to peacefully coexist on your system. :)

not that loopback traffic is bad... but if you wanted to control it... give it a shot - just don't blame me if you break anything ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.