Kerio firewall crashed by spyware doctor download

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dark Shadow, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Just decided to give spyware doctor a trial today. Upon the download ,I get hit with a injection from spyware doctor and kerio blocked with the pop up window saying something like injection threat from spyware doctor has been blocked by kerio. My kerio Firewall was still on a thirty day trial with 10 days of the full version trial.I ticked send report to kerio and closed pop window and it would not stay closed. I then closed my firefox browser and ISP connection.when I tried to open the kerio gui nothing happening.reboot pc all normal again and the threat was loged In hips is this a normal thing for kerio Or was this a hard hit intrusion attempt enough to lock up.needless to say it did its job.but may no longer be my firewall. ps sorry for the long post

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

You may need to make spyware doctor an exclusion in Kerio(sunbelt) firewall's HIPS feature. I had a similar problem while d/l ThreatFire.

I no longer use Sunbelt Kerio Personal firewall, although its appealing price (US$ 9.95 ?). Lack of support from developer and sporadic interest from users have made me switched to others (there are few quality freewares around here). Take care.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

thanks for the info,will look at alternatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.