KERIO BETAS-NO PASSWORD-HOW COME

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DEAN, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEAN

DEAN Guest

Anybody know where I ca get a Kerio3 beta 5 with a password that works. Id really like to know?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Kerio has stopped development on the v3.x betas.

They are now working on v4.0.0 RC3.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Its BETA, it was abandoned, and all development stopped for the program. They never got that part working, and I suggest you stick with stable releases.

4. BlitzenZeus

Thanks for making that note, RC3 is a beta release, and is not a stable release. They are planning on releasing a full version of 4x soon, but its going to be so buggy I don't suggest anyone use it.

5. DEAN

DEAN Guest

Thanks for the info, I really liked the design of 3B5. Do any betas have the secure password for admin working or should I look for a hackers version that fixed it.

6. BlitzenZeus

NEVER use a hacked version of security software, how in the world can you trust software that has been altered? How can you even talk about 'security' when your willing to used hacked software? That is completely oxymoronic....

Find a final release of a program you like, and use it. Since you liked Kerio 3, you might as well download Kerio 4 when its first final release comes out soon even though its still buggy as hell. It will be just as buggy as that beta 3, and the password option should work.

Just keep this in mind, using a password only prevents others from getting into your configuration from local access, you can still force the task to be ended through the OS.

7. DEAN

DEAN Guest

I understand, but I also believe hackers are very intelligent.
    Have you tried 98BUU.EXE. I cant wait,it apparently removes unnessesary functions from the win98SE Kernel, like APP LOGS for the ISP.

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I absolutely agree with the above statement! No matter what you are trying to accomplish, there are far, far better ways of doing it than using hacked software.

Dean, you've mentioned a few times here that you want to remove from Windows a lot of unnecessary and even problematic functions, well, a better way to do it is to try something like this:

http://www.litepc.com/98lite.html

The webpage above fully describes what this product does and there are members here who use it and say it works great. If you are interested in this, you could start a thread about it in the Software & Services section. Here are a couple threads about it over there already:

Win98Liteo_O?

Windows shrink safely done?

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Could it be that 98BUU.EXE is just a trojan :rolleyes:

98Lite much preferred over a filename that gets 0 hits on google :)

10. JayK

JayK Poster

All these unknown guests sugguesting unknown stuff, bah, lousy hackers trying to do some social enginerring and failing at it...

I wouldnt trust what a unknown guest told you if i were you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.