Kerio 4.x - I want to completely remove, advice on how.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

I plan on switching to Comodo. I know that some if not all firewalls leave services, registry entries and other stuff behind.

How can I get rid of all of the Kerio firewall or at least enough that I can be sure the Comodo won't get borked by anything left behind?

Just started using Comodo 2.2 - very, very nice.

Thanks,

Bill

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Bill,
    What I did was disconnect from the internet and disable Kerio. Used the Uninstall and rebooted, so it wouldn't create problems when installing another. :)

Now you can install whatever firewall you chose, already installed FilseClab, Comodo, Kerio, ZoneAlarm and reinstalled Outpost.
    Only with FilseClab did I experience problems, but that was due to my own mistake. :D

Hope that helps & have fun with Comodo. ;)

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

What I do is run the normal uninstall in Add/Remove Programs, then go into the Device Manager and check Show Hidden Devices and remove any related to Kerio (usually there's 3 I think) under Non Plug N Play Drivers, then reboot, and then search the registry for any traces of "Sunbelt" and "Kerio" and delete them. Then reboot again, and that usually does it for me.

4. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Thanks for your responses. I don't see anything that I can recognize as a non-plug'n play device. Those are pretty cryptic devices there. Which are Kerio?

B.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Make sure you look in the View menu and check Show Hidden Devices. Then look under non plug n play. At least that's how I do it in Win2k. XP should be the same or similar I guess. Anyway, there should be one labelled Kerio something or other, another just Firewall Driver or similar, and one more labelled Sunbelt something or other. I don't remember the exact names anymore, but that should be close. If you don't see them or can't find 'em, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. You should be ok leaving them there anyway...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.