Kerio 2.1.5 - Correct rule order ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by doctormac, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctormac

doctormac Registered Member

Dear Folks

Hello and greetings.

A few days ago I read a post here which descibed the importance of having the correct order for rules made in Kerio 2.1.5. There was also some advice on ensuring this correct order when making your own rules.

I intended to come back to this and study it carefully.

BUT ... I have searched and searched and can't for the life of me find that post!

I'd really appreciaye it if someone could point me to the correct thread.

Even better, perhaps those of you who are firewall experts could add some guidance concerning the correct order (from top to bottom) of Kerio rule sets.

Thanks folks. It's always a "security comfort" to know I can come to you for your expert advice.

Best wishes,

Dr. Mac

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

3. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

4. doctormac

doctormac Registered Member

Hello guys!

Thanks for the input and the links.

Noon_particular : Further to my PM to you a few days ago, you will be pleased to hear that I have SSM installed and am slowly getting to grips with it. Having seen it in action for a few days now, I agree with you that for my Win98se box, SSM with a good set of Kerio FW rules should give me very good protection. I do also have a NAT/Firewall router as well as Avast AV (free version) installed.

If any "nasty" manages to get past the above ... well then ... they have kinda earned the right to infect me! :D

Keep well ...

Dr. Mac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.