Kerio 2.1.5 blocking connection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by djg05, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have started having problems with Kerio 2.1.5 blocking my connection to my bank and also to a ADSL speed test I use

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

I have enabled all the alert boxes for blocked rules and the one that is popping up is

01/Sep/2005 15:35:55 Incoming ICMP blocked; In ICMP [3] Destination Unreachable; 192.168.***.***->localhost; Owner: Tcpip Kernel Driver

Firstly should this be allowed and secondly I don't why this should start happening out of the blue.

Thoughts appreciated please

2. ice60

ice60 Guest

ICMP 3 should be safe to have set to allow in and blocked out. your rules will work 90% of the time if you had icmp 3 blocked in, so maybe that's how you always had it and you have only just run into a site that needs it o_O

the speed test uses Java, maybe you have disabled it recently.

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - that is good to know.

Java is enabled. That test will not even load without it.

I have set that rule to accept ICMP 3 and seems to have resolved the problem. Appreciate the advice.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

no problem.

i get this error when i do the test -
    "** An error has occurred while testing **
    Unable to connect, please try again later.
    Speed test stopped."

i think, this test and allowing icmp3 in, are definately two separte problems

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

That is the error I was getting and on the bank I was getting timeout errors. For the time being at least your solution has cured both. Maybe I will be back tomorrow with problems <g>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.