keeps asking to switch discs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beesod, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beesod

beesod Registered Member

i'm currently trying to recover a 23cd archieve. i first start with the last cd. and then after selecting everything i wish to recover it goes through the cd's randomly checking them but it dosn't seem to ever stop or to be copying anything. anyone else had this problem or is this normal and will it stop?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  2. mustang

mustang Developer

23 cd's, ouch. TI is trying to build a dirctory structure for the image. You would probably need to do about 1,000 disk swaps depending on how many directory names are in the image. You need to copy all 23 cd's to a single directory on a hard drive before doing a restore.

3. paulf123

paulf123 Registered Member

The way TIM deals with image parts stored on CD/DVD is pretty unfortunate. I don't know if they can improve on it or if they care to but it's practically useless as is.

After dealing with a 5 disc set one time I swore never again. You just keep re-inserting and re-inserting over and over for no apparant reason and with no indication of progress but eventually it gets there (in more time than re-installing OS and apps would take LOL.)

Do yourself a favor... copy all the files into a single dir on a removable HDD or network share and restore from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.