Keeping ProcessGuard Current

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by erd, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erd

erd Registered Member

I installed PG on my machine back in February in ver. 3.150. I checked recently and the current version is 3.4x. Is it necessary to uninstall PG to update within version 3? If so, are all the installed rules &c lost? No big deal, I just want to see what I'm getting into!

As a side note, it would be nice if PG could auto-update in some manner in order to remain current.

Ted.

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

You should remove all elements of version 3.15 before this upgrade. The new version does have an update link for checking and runs very well on my machine...:thumb: :eek: :D

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

The Any way of saving ProcessGuard configuration? thread covers how to do a PG upgrade without losing settings but this is not possible for a 3.15 to 3.4 upgrade (the settings file format changed in 3.3) so you will need to do a complete uninstall/reinstall/reconfigure. It is not the most convenient option, so hopefully DiamondCS will offer something more streamlined should they decide to provide more frequent updates in future.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I cleaned my system very thoroughly Before updating from Process Guard 3.15 to 3.4, as Paranoid2000 says it is advisable to clean all traces before updating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.