Keeping only one full image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by milleron, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milleron

milleron Registered Member

I'd like to have TI8 create a full image once a week, create incremental images daily, and then delete the previous set of seven images when it creates the next full-image backup. I thought TI had this functionality, but I can't discover a way to make it do what I want. Am I missing something or does TI, indeed, lack the ability to accomplish this simple backup strategy?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Acronis Support's reply in this <previous thread> may satisfy your requirement.

Regards

3. milleron

milleron Registered Member

I didn't know that TI would overwrite an older file without user intervention. I'll certainly implement the strategy that Acronis support suggested.

However, this really shouldn't be necessary. Ghost includes the ability to keep a user-specified number of prior backup sets. That's the functionality I actually want -- so I could keep TWO prior full backups and all the incrementals that go with each. This seems like such an easy thing to include that I'm surprised Acronis hasn't implemented it already. They're ahead of Symantec in some ways -- e.g., the restore environment and not having to install .NET, but for a small company to survive in competition with a giant, it seems critical that they should not leave out important features that are SO easy to include.

Again, thanks for the tip.

Ron

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Ron,

Not as convenient as Ghost I guess but does the variation below (provided by Acronis Support) suit your requirement more fully than the previous strategy?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.