Keeping malware away - how do some countries do it?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

https://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/ar...malware-away-how-do-some-countries-do-it.aspx

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Interesting, thanks for the article.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

A bit long for my taste but i read 3 countries anyways, very interesting :D (Japan, Germany and Austria)

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I imagine there are several reasons for this, and not just ISPs keeping on their toes. Keep in mind all this is my personal opinion, but I think a lot of it has to do with the way users in different countries use their net access for one thing. Piracy is not as big of a problem globally (Though to hear the RIAA and MPAA say it, they'll be bankrupt tomorrow because it's so bad). That alone knocks a good bit of wind out of the malware sail.

The social craze isn't everywhere (Yes, about the entire population of North Americas' worth of people are on Facebook..but there are several continents). That helps matters, as data sharing is a HUGE factor in malware. Laws of course help matters, not only are there better/more strict criminal and privacy laws elsewhere, but regulations are tighter as far as businesses/government goes.

Really it's about the laws and users. We in the U.S are pathetically behind with tech laws. The ones we do have are more about protecting intellectual property than safety. Users, as long as they want their "free lunch" and as long as they keep ignoring the dangers of "sharing", are going to keep paying the price. Corporations being obsessed with the "bottom line" aren't helping matters either, but this post has gone on long enough :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.