Keepass

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Noob, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Been using Keepass for the a day already and i need some tips from you guys. :D
    Usually when i use Keepass i used to get the Login and Password type automatically by opening the Keepass window, selecting the correct entry and then CTRL + V.
    A few hours ago i noticed there was a trigger combo which is ALT + CTRL + A (Default), after testing it on some website i noticed that out of the 10+ entries i have it only works on like 2 or 3.

So my question is, why it does not works with all website?
    Are there any other faster / more efficient ways of doing it?

For the websites that does not work with the auto trigger i use the same old method, opening Keepass, selecting entry and then CTRL + V and that takes quite some time, it would be faster just to type it. :D :D

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

you just found out the reason why I don't use KeePass anymore.....also, certain programs do not accept entries from KeePass whether it's entered through using CTRL+V or ALT+CTRL+A......Zemana AntiLogger and MBAM are some examples.......they show password incorrect....

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

OPTION 1: You must match at least one word of the title of the Keepass entry to the title of your browser when browsing that website. For example
    1. I'm using Firefox and browse to wilderssecurity.com. The title of my Firefox now is "Wilders Security Forums - Powered by vBulletin"
    2. The title of your Keepass entry for wilderssecurity.com must contain at least "Wilders" or any of the word in "Wilders Security Forums - Powered by vBulletin".

OPTION 2: (I'm using Keepass 1.xx series, but I'm sure it exists for Keepass 2.xx)
    Edit an entry, and use 'Select Target Window'
    With this, even if the title of your Keepass entry does not match the title of the application your using it into, auto-type will still work. I remember that in Keepass 2.xx, you will choose between currently opened windows in a drop down list to match your application.

OPTION 3: Use a browser extension for Chrome -http://keepass.info/plugins.html#chromeipass (note: I don't know if it's effective since I'm using Firefox)

For convenience, I stick to the first option because that means I can use auto-type when I switch browsers, run my browser sandboxed, run my browser un-sandboxed.

OFF TOPIC TIP: If you are using Keepass 2.xx, make sure you use the input master key in secure desktop and enable the Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation. :D

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Skudo

Thanks for the tips...but can seem to locate the Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation option. Would you mind advising as to exactly where to find this?

Must be blind...but that comes with age. :(

Cheers

Balders

5. kupo

kupo Registered Member

You must edit the entry and look for the third tab (or you can click it one by one, I forgot since I switched to the classic version). You will see a check-mark for that option. The cons of this is that you must enable it with each entry, one by one. :D Also remember that it will not work in all type of windows due to its nature (example is auto-type in command line interface or the likes). But for browser, it will work just fine.
    Ahh, the exact steps :D
    I try it before, with the Zemana Keylogger test, and it passed! All inputs where not logged :D Combined with secure desktop, it makes Keepass an amazing password manager.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Skudo

Thanks. Found it. Fouth tab when editing the entry in Keepass v2. :D

Giving it a whirl this afternoon.

Cheers

Balders

7. moontan

moontan Registered Member

don't forget to use the obfuscation method if you are using Keepass 2.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hmm your first tip actually worked! :rolleyes:
    Ill try with the remaining entries :D

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

BTW, thanks for the tips, they worked perfectly!
    Now i really like Keepass. :D :thumb:

10. discs

discs Registered Member

Skudo, or someone else: could you please elaborate on:

Edit an entry, and use 'Select Target Window'.

When I go into the 'Edit Entry' dialogue in Keepass I do not see a way to use 'Select Target Window'.

Thank you.

11. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  12. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

You did well, KeeFox brings KeePass to the same ease of use as LastPass.

13. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

It definitely makes the process a lot easier.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The CTR+ALT+A hotkeys have been working perfectly since i learned how to configure it, so it's fine. :D
    Still, thanks for your help.

15. iHz

iHz Registered Member

I find something strange.
    If I save for example google sign in, in fox, ie and chrome the tab title says google accounts.

But if I save the target window in each browser it will save the browser name on the end, like "google accounts - firefox"

Now when I choose auto-type, it will work fine in each browser, but lets say I add just target window as just "google accounts" it will not auto-type in any browser.

o_O

16. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Keepass is great and the ctrl+alt+a works for me most of the time (with some exceptions).

The only thing i wish, is that it had voice activation. I mean, leaving it in the tray all the time unlocked is not the best thing. But also locking it and each time putting master password to unlock it, is also annoying. So it would be great to accept a voice command "lock passwrord" or "unlock password". :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.