Keep Losing Network Connectivity in VMWare Player 3.1

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by chinook9, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have been a happy user of the VmWare Player 3.0 in my windows XP box for a a couple of years. I have a Windows 7 box I'm setting up so I installed VmWare Player 3.1. Everything has gone swimmingly with the XP guess I have installed except I cannot keep network connectivity/internet. I have read where many people have this problem but I have not found a solution that fixes it for me.

VmWare is set at default settings and the guest and host TCP/IP properties are set to automatic. My router is set to NortonDNS.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

any particular reason you are using version 3.1 instead of version 4?

3. chinook9

Didn't know there was a version 4. I'll check it out right now.

Thans you for the response.

4. chinook9

The VmWare website shows 3.1.4 as the latesto_O

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

After searching around, I found that it's part of VMware Workstation 8.0 currently.

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

chinook9, can you ping the host, gateway, can you resolve address, looked at your firewall?

Is this a new vm, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling vmware tools but before that go through disabling (then re enable) all connections host, guest and hardware, then try again.

7. chinook9

I'll try what you suggest. I'm away from home right now but I'll be home in a couple of days. Thanks again.

8. chinook9

Thanks to all responders for the recommendations. I just returned home from a visit to the parents and Version 4 is now available. Late last night I updated to VmWare Player 4 and updated all the VmWare Tools in my Guests so now I can do some testing to see if I still have the problem.

Meriadoc, I will try as you suggested if I still have the problem. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.