Keep Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE by turning away from McAfee to Norman?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chubb, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id much rather keep my antivirus than my antispyware especially one with limited use.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

what the hell is norman?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

they provide security products like so many other companies. check out their site or search teh forum

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I dumped Ad-Aware SE Plus several days ago. Since I had to pay for the Plus version, I would have preferred to keep it.

But already, I've noticed that I don't really miss Ad-Aware. I didn't find much in a year and a half. Further, my other AS stuff found Adware multiple times.....then I would not remove it....and I'd give Ad-Aware the chance to find it. It usually did not.

I believe Ad-Aware lost its vitality years ago. It was a waste when I bought a two year subscription.....

And while the new McAfee is a little raw, it seems good. I think it will compare favorably in upcoming AV comparison tests.

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

For sure! ;)

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Lavasoft products are junk. Period. Their customer support is representative of the quality of their products.:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

8. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Exactly why is McAfee doing this? I have to wonder about their motives for insisting on uninstalling another antispyware application which doesn't even have a real-time component before you can install their version. I thought that the owner of a PC was the person who decided what to install and what not to install on their own PC?

I'm afraid that faced with such a choice, and bearing in mind the extreme problems I've experienced with McAfee products recently, I'd keep Ad-Aware and go with another AV. Not Norman, perhaps, but I use Avast and it does the job admirably.

9. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Any decision that results in keeping Ad-aware is a decision I would second guess. The only thing that Ad-aware consistently detects is MRUs. In my opinion it is less than adequate as an anti-spyware tool. Give SuperAntiSpyware a try. That seems to be a more effective approach.

10. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Oh cmon McAfee even detect HijackThis.

:D :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.