Keep Internet Filtering Active

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Kevin_b_er, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin_b_er

Kevin_b_er Registered Member

I'd like to suggest this be altered slightly.

Apparently, if I close down LnS as per usual, it still filters...

First, you'll have to pardon me for not knowing how windows handles programs terminating, so I'll use POSIX-style :D :D

Anyways, if I send LnS a standard kill, it prompts me, and I choose to cancel, minimize, or quit.

I'm assuming the "Keep Internet Filtering active after application has left." is so a malicious program can't terminate LnS and kill filtering.

But can't this be altered abit? If I shut down LnS through prompting, I'd like the filtering to STOP. Now on the other hand, if LnS gets SIGKILL'ed (the uncatchable/unstoppable program termination), I'd want filtering to continue.

This would be a good system imo. Other programs like ZA do this where if ZA dies but filtering is 'on', it will stay on until its shut off via interface. But by closing the interface normally, filtering gets shut off.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

“Keep Internet filtering active after the application is left." This Feature offers people a way to exit Look ‘n’ Stop GUI and still have Look ‘n’ Stop Packet Filtering Driver continue.

If you don’t want Internet Filtering Layer active after Look ‘n’ Stop GUI closes than disable this Feature.

Attached Files:

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

or uncheck this option and _ensure_ Look'n'Stop will never be terminated by giving a try to Process Guard :

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

the trial allow you to protect just one process, give it a try ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.