KDE Resize Display Issue

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by TheKid7, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

When using an installed KDE distro, I am "typically" unable to resize the display from the default (for my LCD monitor) of 1280 X 1024. I usually want to use 1024 X 768.

When I resize to 1024 X 768, a strip at the top of the screen is blacked out. I restart the PC and I am back at 1280 X 1024. Usually Gnome distros do not have this issue. I am currently trying Pardus 2011.1 KDE 32 bit (installed). The Live DVD of Pardus 2011.1 32 bit allowed me to successfully resize to 1024 X 768.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance.

2. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I had the same problem with PCLinuxOS KDE. I changed the resolution under System Settings-hardware-video card. I haven't used Pardus. You should look under hardware settings and find settings for video card or Display. This will ask for your root password before making any changes.

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I found and selected an option to use a limited feature video card driver. Upon PC restart, it gave me the 1024 X 768 size (No other choices) and now I do not have my tray icons.

It has been several years since I tried PCLinuxOS. I think that I may give it a try soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.