KB article / PDF guide for policy settings?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lidocaineus, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lidocaineus

lidocaineus Registered Member

Is there a PDF guide or a KB article on detailed information for all the policy settings? Some of them are quite vague.

I'd actually like to create a policy to completely disable virus scanning / web protection, mostly for testing and very specialized circumstances; I'd deploy this for certain scenarios then go back to the default domain policy after. For example I made a policy that disabled all HTTP filtering / scanning, or at least I thought I did, but the test workstation was still unable to download things it had previously quarantined.

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

I am guessing by this question that you are using the ESET Remote Administrator Server. I'd recommend searching the online KB. You can also download the ERAS manual from the same download page that you get ERAS/NOD32 etc. from.

Using the Policy Manager you can definitely turn off different aspects of the anti-virus and completely disable portions of it. Keep in mind that the antivirus works in layers, each layer is an additional layer of security. On your test machine you mentioned you disabled HTTP but it was still quarantining items. My guess is that the real-time scanner was still catching the items being downloaded even though you have the HTTP scanner disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.