KAV VS NOD32 (Removal)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by secure5150, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secure5150

secure5150 Registered Member

Ok, we all know from independent testing that kaspersky and nod32 detect a lot of virii. However, could someone point me to a study that shows comparatives of actual removal?

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sure, go here. Click on comparatives and look at the latest test. Of course at this very moment their site is down for server maintenance.

3. chrisjackson1985

chrisjackson1985 Former Poster

actually you asked for deletion and not just detection,

out of the 2 you mentioned, kaspersky definatly wins this one

although nod32 has great detection, it still has problems with some removals, the dreaded manual removals, although they do promise to work on this for their suite.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you be please more specific? For instance, if a dll is injected in an already running process I doubt any AV would be able to remove it on the fly without risking severe system problems. Or you meant something else?

5. chrisjackson1985

chrisjackson1985 Former Poster

when i tried nod, it would find a virus, delete some and say something about a manual delete, this i didnt like so took it out.

never heard of manual delete before, thought that was the point of the software, never seen kaspersky do that or my trusted trend.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 does not delete archives automatically for safety reasons, but you can configure the on-demand scanner to delete them automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.