KAV licensed user at wit's end

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bluekey23, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluekey23

bluekey23 Registered Member

Hello,
    I'lm very upset as I purchased the KAV pro version plus extended update service and I have had nothing but problems with updating. I was charged over $90 after taxes.
    Brief history: during the trial period I never had a problem with updating or any other aspect of the program. I also had tried out Norton and McAfee earlier and had no problems with those either. So,, after buying my license for KAV the updater worked fine for a week. Then for some strange reason it wouldn't update. Start the updater and it would flash through all the update servers(both fpt and http) in about 1 second and I would get an error of "failed." Try it from the start menu and I see error 12163, whatever that means. Did I contact support? You bet I did. Was told to indvidually copy all files from an update link they sent into the bases folder. Done. Tried it again and failed. Much back and forth emailing with KAV support. Uniinstalled and installed the program several times and used a special registry cleaner they sent too. Same result: updater failed to connect to any of the servers. I waited a few days thinking about what I might do. Tried to update again out of curiousity. It worked! That lasted for about a week and now I'm having the same updating problem again. I sent KAV support a message two days ago and haven't heard back. So, what to do? I regularly update other programs(TDS-3, other AV trials, adaware, etc, etc) with never a problem. I'm thinking now that the KAV update servers have some kind of network glitch, but am not sure. The only program I've ever had with updating any program is KAV. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks for any light you can shed on this! :(

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. izi

izi Registered Member

I use KAV and never have probles with update. Do U use firewall? If U use firewall look in settings and allow program avpupd.exe to conect to internet.

izi

4. bluekey23

bluekey23 Registered Member

Izi and Ronjor,
    My firewall is already set to allow avpupd to access internet. But good news: now for no apparent reason the updater is working again(after almost 3 days of trying many times). Something strange about the update network of servers at Kaspersky.....
    Thanks for the forum link; will definitely register and lurk there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.