KAV & KIS 7 offically launched

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ankupan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: KAV & KIS 7 on main website

I noticed Kaspersky no longer support Windows 9x/Me since v7 (previous v6 did it)

3. Lion

Lion Registered Member

No support WINDOWS NT 4 too.

4. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I was kind of surprised getting an email from Kaspersky this evening announcing the 7.0 release. I haven't dealt with Kas since KAV 5.0/KIS 6.0 Beta a while back.

Nice to know I am still thought of :)

5. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

In past, I never liked KIS, but versio 7 is working great on my laptop and speed is also excellent.

No slowdown, and boot up is fast, every thing fine :thumb:

Now first time, I am happy with KIS. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

6. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Seems to be running fine on my laptop also. No browser slowdowns as before and all else running fast. Great job, KL.

Gary

7. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Good to hear ankupan

8. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I've just noticed that KAV 7 fails the PCFlank test on my system. KAV 6 used to pass, KAV 7 is supposed to but doesn't. Is this something that now only applies to KIS rather than KAV? KAV 7 is also supposed to pass AKLT test but does no better than KAV 6.

Either there is a bug somewhere or else these tests are only being protected by KIS - at least that's the way it seems to me.

I must say I'm not impressed with KAV 7 so far, the GUI is confusing, the Office Guard has gone and the PDM doesn't seem to work quite as well; though maybe it does better with the really dangerous stuff.

9. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Topper:

Please elaborate what is meant by "tests being protected by KIS", why would tests be protected? Just wording maybe?

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Bought a dog today, and named him,"iswift".

11. TopperID

The leak tests passed by KAV/KIS were largely due to the operation of the PDM which exists in both KAV and KIS.

Thus if you ran KAV AV you would still be passing leak tests irrespective of your FW. However I'm now failing tests that I should be passing and I'm wondering whether that is due to some functions being removed from the new KAV 7 AV and being passed to to the Anti-Hacker part of the program (which KIS has, but KAV doesn't).

On the other hand it could be a bug; perhaps I need to re-install? I'm even wondering whether it was caused by importing my old configuration file from KAV 6 into KAV 7. But really I need someone else who is running KAV 7.0.0.125 to confirm whether or not it is passing the PCFlank test on their system.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the pdm has been reduced from, I think,4 options in V6 to 2 in V7 and only one if you set it up in beginner mode. It could be they feel their new hueristics will cover it, since most complained about the excessive pop-ups with the pdm fully enabled. This also was changed at the very last moment before release.

13. TopperID

I did a completely clean install, which meant losing all my settings, and although I used the 'Express' install I did re-enable everything disabled by default. Finally I imported all my configuration settings from KAV 6 into KAV 7 (it would have been intolerable to have to set up the Application Integrity Control all over again) but I'm just wondering whether that might have had an adverse effect on other parts of the PDM which differ between KAV6 and KAV7?

In case anyone is interested, I noted that the Reg Guard in KAV7 has some additional rules but if you use your KAV6 configurations you will lose those new rules since everything reverts back to the KAV6 settings.

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello topperid,
    its not reccomended to import settings from kav/kis6.0 to kav/kis7.0
    all i kept was the acctivation data.
    lodore

15. TopperID

Oh! Oh!

Looks like I may have to re-install!

I'd still be interested whether other KAV 7 users are passing PCFlank though - as I say, I passed with KAV 6 (MP2) with no problems.

16. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

It should pass though.
    It could be as Iodore said. The best way is to totally uninstall version 6 and than install the new version 7

17. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

I had problems installing on top of 6, A full uninstall is the way to go...

18. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Trialling KIS7: seems a reasonable suite - nothing special that separate applications couldn't do as least as well.
    I'll see the 180 day free out - probably - but then it's back to COMODO for a firewall. My NOD32 licence will be expired within that time, so I'll look for the best free AV later!

19. TopperID

Well I've gone to a great deal of trouble re-installing KAV 7 and re-configuring the PDM from scratch - and it still fails the leak tests. :mad:

Either there is a bug somewhere or else KAV 7.0.0.125 has been downgraded. :'(

I'm thinking of going back to KAV 6, unless I can get to the bottom of this. o_O

20. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Strange, i pass it.............do you use the full PDM?

Attached Files:

21. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Welcome back to the green side of the computer security :ninja:
    waiting to see ur new avatar... again :D

22. TopperID

Hi Don,

Yes I use a very full PDM (including extra progs I've added to the App Integrity Control); but it was the App Activity Analyser that passed for me with KAV 6 and now it doesn't. :mad:

I do emphasise that I'm running KAV not KIS - I wondered if that makes a difference in the new 7 series? o_O

Attached Files:

23. Don Pelotas

Yes, i use KIS 7.0.0.125, not too sure why the results is different from mine though.

24. fce

fce Registered Member

you should know that KIS is more powerful if you're using XP operating system. If you are using Vista with KIS, expect a lot of failed in leak test.

KIS is not ready yet to Vista.

25. Don Pelotas

It's as ready as Microsoft allows it to be, it's simply not possible to implement all the PDM options right now because MS does now allow it................it may change with Vista SP1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.