kav firewall any good things about it ...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dr4956, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

my question is which firewalls good points and bad, kav and zonealarm? please help....

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

KAH (part of KIS) is a rules-based firewall similar to outpost firewall. it includes presets for some programs and u can easily export/import rules that youve made or gotten from the forum. i dont think it has dll control tho, or at least i dont recall seeing it.

ZA is a application-based firewall so either u allow or deny programs internet access. teh pro version has a boatload of features. pop-up blocker, cookie blocker, OSFirewall (similar to an HIPS), component control, email security, etc. as such, its not very light.

it would be the easiest firewall for a newbie, especially the free version which lacks a few of teh bells and whistles.

3. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

I consider KAV firewall (anti hacker) a good firewall but a little bit complicated, about the dll control the proactive module in KIS 6 and KAV 6 manage that. :cool:

4. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

also how would you the other firewalls to kav? i have zone alarm now ..i would like to try others..please help

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

David,
    I use LooknStop with KAV6 without problems. I use the Enhanced Rule Set, and that is all the configuring I have done with LnS.

Best,
    Jerry

6. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

also making sure that your ports are blocked and leak tests for top firewalls how do these compare?and which av would you recomend.avg,kav,,etc all info would be helpful ,thanks.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

both will stealth your computer and theyre both good at leaktests. ZA scored higher but KIS blocked more tests.

as for av, i recommend either kav or nod32 for paid and antivir or avast for freeware. i bolded my personal choices.

8. dr4956

dr4956 Registered Member

thanks im going with kav....

9. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

ZA, while it is mainly application-based, stills allows one to create expert rules if you wish to do so although I don't think there is a real need (only available in paid versions of ZA). So its easy to configure and yet not compromising on the the control that users want.

OSFirewall in ZA helps stops alot of malware from trying to leak information out and also prevents them from fully installing themselves in your system.

10. Scott-Sutton

Scott-Sutton Guest

Greetings All,

I too would like to know about Kaspersky Anti-Hacker. Do Kaspersky currently support it as the only products I can find on their website are Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security 6, both of which I know are highly rated amongst communities. It's come to the time where I would like to replace Windows Firewall with a better solution in terms of managing my Outbound Connections as Windows Firewall wasn't primarily designed for this unlike Windows Firewall in Windows Vista and therefore leaves the market open for solutions. I don't wish to use ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm as I don't particularly like it, nor the interface for that matter. I have used Sygate Personal Firewall and Subelt Kerio also but feel I need a dedicated product as the latter two either have extra products to fleece your eye with and suchlike and Kaspersky Anti-Hacker looks an idea solution. How does it fair with leak testing and suchlike in comparison to the other products?
    I haven't been able to find any reliable reviews for the latest version of the product, version 1.9. Does anyone have any prior experience with this product? Does it integrate with Windows Security Center and does it cause conflicts with any other products I'm currently using to anyone's knowledge? My setup can be found in my Signature although it's somewhat bare. :oops:

Regards,

Scott Sutton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.