KAV DETECTS SUSPICIOUS VIRUS IN NOD 2.5 BETA

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by the mul, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have installed the new nod 2.5 beta and it is running great with no problems so far, I have just ran my first scan with the new beta version of nod and when I checked my scan to see if it had finished there was a warning from kav 4.5 C:\DOCUME~1\Main\LOCALS~1\Temp\NOD9AED.tmp
    Suspicion - Type_Boot.

Here is also a picture as well, just wondering if this is a false positive or not from kav, no viruses detected with a full scan from kav and no viruses detected with a full scan from the new nod beta version either, just the suspected virus warning from kav.
    I was running nod 32 v2 for a long time with no problems or warnings from kav 4.5 at all, this has only happened since I installed the beta version and run a scan with this new version and then kav popped up with this warning.
    Thanks for any advise on this.

Your friend

Stephen ;)

Attached Files:

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Must be a false positive, Stephen. Submit it to: newvirus(at)kaspersky.com, for confirmation. :)

3. the mul

Thanks Don, but I have never done this before mate, can u explain how to send this sample to them, step by step, sorry about this, just never done it before.

Thanks again

Stephen ;)

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well you put the suspicious file into a password-protected ZIP archive, and you provide the password to Kaspersky at the email address Don mentioned.

Also mention the exact suspicion name - In your case - 'Type_Boot'

Regards,
    Firecat :D

5. the mul

Thanks firecat, how do u do that mate, sorry experience nil in this area my good friend and how do u find the file. :(

Stephen

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Stephen,

May I ask a question:

Did you let NOD do its scan while KAV was also resident?
    That is what I understand from your posting.
    Maybe I didn't understand you right; sorry in that case !

Did I understand you right that a scan from KAV (NOD32 disabled) gave no warning?
    And that a scan with NOD32 (KAV disabled) gave no warning?

Warm regards, Jan.

7. the mul

Hello Jan, I am running kav4.5 as my main av and nod32 2.5 beta as my back up av, I have AMON disabled in nod and DMON,EMON,IMON, are all enabled in nod beta.
    I was running version 2 of nod before the beta version and kav did not detect any suspicious viruses in version 2, but when I installed the beta version of nod and ran a manual scan to see how the beta version went, up popped a warning from kav about this suspicious virus, but as don said it will no doubt be a false posative.
    Do u know how to send this to kav as a sample to get it checked out.

Stephen

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Maybe I should have posted a bit more, Stephen.

What I don't understand is:
    How can KAV give a warning when you scanned with NOD32 ?
    Unless I mis-understood you, that points me to thinking that KAV was resident while you let NOD32 do its scan.
    If I'm right here what was happening (and I'm not sure ;)), then may I please ask you to disable KAV and let NOD do a scan again.

Once again: really sorry in case I mis-understood the whole situation !

Cheers, Jan.

9. the mul

Yes Jan I did do a manual scan with nod 32 beta while kav was running resident and I have always done this, when doing a scan with my back up av, I have never disabled kav in the past, as I have never had a problem, until I installed the beta version of nod.
    Do u think I should always disable my residen av while scanning with my back up av.

Stephen ;)

10. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Stephen,

Yep, I think that you should always temporarily disable your resident AV when you let another AV do a full system scan.
    If you don't do that, then unpredictable things can happen ;)

Let's take my own system for example:
    W98SE, NOD32 (not yet installed the new beta) resident, KAV Pers Pro 4.5 on-demand.
    When I do a full system scan with KAV, then I disable all the resident parts of NOD32 temporarily.

I have to admit that I don't know why you did not have a conflict earlier with the not-beta NOD32 :oops:

I hope this helps a little bit.
    Take care Stephen !
    Cheers, Jan.

11. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Funny but I've just let KAV and NOD32 in real-time protection in the same time(just to test) and they seem to behave very good. No errors, nothing. :)

Don't do this at home!! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.