KAV Compatibility Issue With Outpost?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DVD+R, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hello, I'd like to know if others have experienced issues with Outpost, and KAV 6.0? I was running KAV for a couple of days,and Then installed Outpost, and things began to freeze,and lock-up my system. I tried solving this by activating the compatibilty mode in KAV, which said it would disable some scan features if I did, and I then added Outpost to the trusted applications in KAV, but none of these helped at all. It really sucked when my adsl modem began to lose line sync, Not untill I did a quick format was I able to get back online. Needless to say I'll stay clear of KAV & Outpost, and use NOD32 & Outpost :doubt:

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the lastest build of outpost is now compatible with kav6.0
    lodore

3. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi,

I have a lot of trouble with KAV 6.0 and Kerio 4

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm afraid this is the exact version I was having issues with :Outpost Firewall Pro ver. 4.0.1007.7323 (591) which is the latest, so I cant agree

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have found KAV6 is probmatic for many firewalls, mainly due to the low level network driver KAV6 installs. There was the workaround of applying the reg entry for the patch for KAV6, but in my last attempts for compatibilty using this, the patch actually corrupted KAV6.

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Stem... Do you know of any reason why when I installed KAV with Outpost, that my ADSL Line Sync would get all messed up, and go Offline? and my PPP (Point to Point Protocol) said it was not trained ,Also the LAN was changed 3 times, from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 when I uninstalled KAV, everything was OK again :blink:

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

DVD+R,

These are the problems associated with the low level network driver. A post was originally made at Kaspersky showing info on a reg change to make, to workaround the problem. This with earlier builds of KAV6 did work to some point, even though with some firewalls it simply bypassed the outbound protection of the firewall (no application access control). The network driver in KAV as always caused problems on various setups.

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Not such a good investment then if your a ADSL or Cable User :blink: Shame really it does have a good detection rate, but one can do without such headaches,after paying the subscription fees, Kaspersky is one of the High Pricers:blink:

9. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

You could simply buy the suite.Kis 6.The inbuilt firewall is , in my opinion, the best firewall to be included in a suite yet. I tried other suites ...f-secure and avira but their firewall is...you fill the gap...

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I did try the KIS but what annoyed me with it was, I kept getting messages saying Anti-Span is not trained,and needs to train on 50 email addresses,:blink: I dont know 50 people with a computer, so thats crazy :blink: Plus it kept popping up asking me to allow IE, after I clearly told it to do so in the first place, this happened with Yahoo profiles, it was asking me to allow every profile I viewed in IE:blink:

11. Mem

Mem Registered Member

I believe it is 50 email messages, not addresses, for the anti-spam training beside the default filters they include. Also, the firewall popups may have been approved for individual IP's (which is the starting default for anti-hacker security) - there is a drop down box where you can approve 'all activity' for remote IP's, etc. for setting up the rules. Then the popups would not return for each profile or IP.

KIS does take longer to get into understanding the setup than ZA and some others. Many new users install in the interactive (expert) mode instead of basic mode which leads to even more settings that need adjustment. Ease of use for initial setup and operation is an area that needs some improvement for widespread acceptance.

12. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

This Kaspersky Outpost FAQ includes a link for a patch to resolve issues between the two. While this page is mentioned in Stem's post above (indirectly via Don Pelotas' post), it is worth noting that it contains a download also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.