KAV and SP2 for WinXP

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Smokey, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Info here.

Ciao,

Smokey

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hehe interesting... avast! and later AntiVir were the first to fully support Security Center. NOD32 is still in beta stage,but works fine(fully) too. Its worse with firewalls,but this doesn't belong here...

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

WTF, I swear to god the person handling the roadmap and scheduling @ Kaspersky must sleep half the year. SP2 has been coming for a while, no reason why customers should have to wait a couple weeks (could be more, never know) for an update to ensure their app is compatible with SP2. 7 month lag between the release of KAV Personal and Pro is another prime example.

4. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Well I suppose support for KAV4.5 wasn't a prominent concern of theirs. (That's what it's saying right (currently)? KAV5 is supported, and KAV4.5 is not?)

5. Why doesnt KAV automatically update their program versions instead of users having to manually download the latest build. Im on 5.0.121 I think the latest build is 5.0.149. I remember AntiVir automatically updates their program version, just wondering what the situation is with other proggies.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

KAV 4.5 should be a primary concern of Kaspersky. Many, many current KAV users and many like myself who currently have another AV, but have been investigating other av, love KAV 4.5 and hate KAV 5.0. I'm planning on buying KAV 4.5 when my current av license is closer to conclusion. My plans might change though if I continue to get the message that Kaspersky no longer cares about 4.5 which is so superior to 5.0 IMO that the two are like day and night in their differences.

At first, it appeared that Igor's comment simply meant that KAV 4.5 will work fine on SP2 currently but just not be recognized by the SP2 Security Center (just as NOD32 ver. 2 is not recognized but works fine and the beta is recognized). However, that appears now to not be the case. There appears to be an actual conflict between KAV 4.5 kernal and Athalon processors so it doesn't appear that the KAV 4.5 issue is merely a cosmetic one although it probably is cosmetic only for those with Intel processors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.