KAV 7 and Vista - what about 'Proactive Defense'?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ola nordmann, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ola nordmann

ola nordmann Registered Member

Hi,

I've used KAV since ver. 6 and I think it's an awesome antivirus, both because of good general detection rate, but also since it has basic HIPS included, unlike most (all?) other AV-programs. That way I don't necessarily need additional HIPS that consumes more RAM.

But I just upgraded one of my computers to Vista (32-bit so far), and I find that 'Proactive Defense' is very crippled compared to WinXP.

Will this have a large affect on security? Or is there new security features built-in Vista that does the same job? (I don't trust Microsoft when it comes to security :p ) Maybe I should use an additional HIPS (e.g. Cyberhawk) if it has better Vista support?

I hope KAV will have updated PD in Vista soon :D

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

An updated PDM for Vista will probably only come after Vista SP1 is released. :)

3. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

The User Account Control can also help in protectinmg your pc, plus the settings in the PDM should detect a lot of regular malare on installation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.