Kav 6 Registry guard & Regrun Reg guard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by muf, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muf

muf Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has any advice regarding my setup. I'm conscious of avoiding overkill, and overlap. I recently upgraded to both Regrun 4.6 and Kav 6. Regrun has a new feature called Reg Guard http://www.greatis.com/security/regguard.htm and KAV 6 also has registry protection. I suspect i only need one, but i do not know which is best or at least which covers more than the other. Currently i have disabled the Registry guard in KAV 6 and i'm using the Regrun Reg Guard. But i am concerned that one may be better than the other and i could have it the wrong way around. Advice would be much appreciated.

muf

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id go with KAV's registry guard. i havent tried it but it couldnt be worse than RegGuard.

RegRun's RegGuard disables write/delete access to the Windows startup registry keys for all applications excluding RegRun Start Control and Control Center.

i tried it once and i wasnt sure what it did. it annoyed me because there was no message and the installer for Microsoft Intellitype/Intellipoint failed.

3. muf

muf Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I just had a look in KAV's settings. I see that KAV covers all the reg keys that Reg guard does, plus many more. I've disabled the reg guard in Regrun and enabled Kav's registry guard. All running sweet.

Thanks,
    muf

4. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

According to Dmitry from Greatis, since RegRun's Guard is new, it is an evolving product and nowhere near being finished. Regarding what WSFuser said, he mentioned that was being worked on for their "next release".....so for now, I would go with KAV's registry protection as well, since it seems to be more advanced and more stable at this point. But I would also continue checking into the progression that RegRun has made with their Guard for future consideration as well.....

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thanx for teh news JRCATES. im looking forwar to new fixes and functionality in RunGuard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.