Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by no13, Jan 21, 2005.
A much expected release?
Seems its been released as an RC. Might try KAV PPro when its final, sounds like a fine program, previous 5.x releases just havent felt right.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5.0
Version 5.0.19 (Release date: December 30, 2004) - Maintanence Pack 1
The following features have been added:
- Support for detecting potentially unwanted software using extended anti-virus database:
potentially dangerous and hacking software, adware and pornographic programs, programs-jokes
- support for launching the updating procedure and the anti-virus scan using any user's rights that allows to perform the following actions automatically or remotely from the administration console:
anti-virus scan and disinfection of user's automatic startup objects, MS Outlook/MS Outlook Express mailboxes, encrypted files and files located on the network drives;
updating via a proxy-server that uses NTML authorization.
- a possibility to configure anti-virus scan initiated from MS Windows Explorer and using the Scan objects link
- a possibility to perform update and anti-virus scan immediately after the application startup using the At the application startup option in the Schedule tab of the task settings
- a possibility to save user-defined settings after the installation of a new application version
- displaying the number of records in the anti-virus database in the main application window
- effect of some settings on the anti-virus protection level, such as numbers SMTP/POP3 ports, enabling iChecker and iStreams technologies and enabling prompting for password upon detection of a password-protected file
- absense of the full path to composite files stored in the quarantine/backup storage
- a possibility to replace a "black list" license keys file with an earlier version
- secure storage of the proxy-server password
- diagnostics of errors occurring during the updating
Does anybody know how the educational discount with Kaspersky products work? I emailed a sales rep at Kav and they say they have 50% off all Kav products but only through resellers.
I checked with 4 resellers that are listed at Kav's site and 2 of them responded saying that the discount is only available for Workstation version. I emailed Kav again but they havent responded.
So either the sales rep at Kav didnt tell me the details or that those resellers dont want to deal with selling just 1 product at a less profitable price.
Anyone figure out how to enable the extended database in MP! yet?
Separate names with a comma.