Kaspesky Anti-Hacker: Strange Issue

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ballzerini, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballzerini

Ballzerini Registered Member

For quite some time, I've used KAH in conjunction Kaspersky AVP. I think it's an excellent software firewall solution that seems easy on resources and a small footprint.

But lately KAH has displayed an odd and very annoying behavior. If I am attempting, say a new online connection or application, KAH, of course intercepts this, wanting to create a new rule. But the very first thing KAH does is scan/access my A/floppy drive. That is a slow process and often, the program that is trying to gain Internet access is disconnected or times-out as KAH acesses my floppy drive. For the life of me, the logic of floppy drive access escapes me. I am using all the default settings. I have been around in circles looking for some setting to change this. I can't find one... Or is this a Windows issue? I am lost on this one... It's to the point where this annoying behavior is about to have me look elswehere for a software firewall. has anyone seen this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

B

2. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Hi B!

I don't have Kapersky Products but this sure sounds like it might be related to your AVP. There might be an "On-access scanning" setting that controls what KAV selects to scan like a drive, file, etc. Just a thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.