Kaspesky Anti-Hacker: Strange Issue

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ballzerini, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballzerini

Ballzerini Registered Member

For quite some time, I've used KAH in conjunction Kaspersky AVP. I think it's an excellent software firewall solution that seems easy on resources and a small footprint.

But lately KAH has displayed an odd and very annoying behavior. If I am attempting, say a new online connection or application, KAH, of course intercepts this, wanting to create a new rule. But the very first thing KAH does is scan/access my A/floppy drive. That is a slow process and often, the program that is trying to gain Internet access is disconnected or times-out as KAH acesses my floppy drive. For the life of me, the logic of floppy drive access escapes me. I am using all the default settings. I have been around in circles looking for some setting to change this. I can't find one... Or is this a Windows issue? I am lost on this one... It's to the point where this annoying behavior is about to have me look elswehere for a software firewall. has anyone seen this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

B

2. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Hi B!

I don't have Kapersky Products but this sure sounds like it might be related to your AVP. There might be an "On-access scanning" setting that controls what KAV selects to scan like a drive, file, etc. Just a thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.