kaspersky's great on new machine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I have always had a kaspersky license for the past 4 years my usual default is ESET, I use it on my wife's & daughter's machines... but I got a new laptop well a nicer one than I usually get more of a main machine & felt like really protecting it with something other than ESET & I am totally blown away at the speed & the feel of protection from Kaspersky , boot times are fast my games run fast, I feel foolish for not using it sooner, my hats off to kaspersky , they have done a good job, sorry for the rant...

2. format_c

format_c Registered Member

of course, Kaspersky works well on 8-core system with 4-8 GB memory installed!

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I use it on my sons old Compaq laptop, and it is the fatest suite yet I have used. The suite is just great, what can I say.

4. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

we have kis on all machines at home and one is so old it originally had win98 on (pre 2nd edition!) and Kis runs fine,only very low spec PC 500mb ram winxp pro

5. fax

fax Registered Member

A rock solid product, light, with advanced protection features. Always ahead of the competition with a state of the art protection. :thumb:

6. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

This thread is so stupid . Are there any moderator here?
    Most products are great on ***NEW*** machines. Kaspersky 2010 has improved a lot since (let's say Kaspersky 5)

You feel foolished? Nice-your fault for not testing each and every of the BIG names . Big names do include Symantec , McAfee , Panda , Kaspersky , etc.
    Ah,yes,I almost forget.You should IN NOW WAY take tests and results made by specific vendors as an absolute truth - I mean things like that: http://www.eset.com/products/comparison/ . Obviously,it is not so true

7. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Very strong statement.Do you take the challange to prove it?

8. fax

fax Registered Member

No I don't :isay:
    To avoid the usual KAV bash exercise, typical in here :thumbd:

9. steve1955

good reply lol:thumb:

10. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Nice one . But you'd better avoid making such comments to prevent big-mamma scandals typically seen here in the past (AV1 vs AV2) :thumb:

Bye

11. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Then why are you reading it? Larry is entitled to his opinion. If you don't like it move onto a thread that isn't "stupid". :rolleyes:

12. steve1955

you think he may be trying to flame some fires,or at least light them?

13. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Dou you actually mean ahead of Zone Alarm? Oh No! :D.

14. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

I guess when some people get bored they go online and do some trolling.

15. Timo Schmidt

Timo Schmidt Registered Member

Yes, Kaspersky is one of the lightes Security Suites (if not the lightest) out there.

If there wouldn't be that nasty error 17xx (the installer can't open some installation package because it's in use) which prevents an installation for me, I would use the kaspersky IS 2010. But since in the German Kaspersky Forums a mod said that "Vista is an unthankfull system" and therefore you have to make a clean install of Vista to install KIS 2010, I switched to Norton IS 2010

a) until someone can make a perfect solution to get KIS installed on my system
    b) until I make a clean install of my system (but this won't be in the near future).

So in fact - KIS is really great on a NEW INSTALLED machine :D

Greetings

Timo

16. fax

fax Registered Member

Oooh, never :D

17. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Folks, find something useful to do with this thread really quick.

Pete

18. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

A friend installed Kaspersky AV on Vista yesterday, no problems. Seems 2010 is an improvement.

Easy to use, clear alerts, great detection rates - most people could just do with the AV, and that's all. Also half the price of what it used to be when I purchased it (couple of years ago).

Larry, you using just the AV?

19. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Just like me,right ?

Yes,the thread is stupid because larryb52 is a long-time Wilders forum member and he is kind of supposed to know this

20. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Well, a -1 from me for KIS.

I installed on Windows 7 64-bit. Did a full scan, stalled at 13%. Couldn't get it to stop or cancel or anything. Had to shut down the system and restart. When I did, nothing I did could get my Internet connection back. Even uninstalling KIS or going to an earlier point using System Restore.

Had to reload the OS. Not a fan.

Now I'm back to Avast 5 and running PC Tools Firewall Plus alongside. Bother working very well and guess what, my Internet connection works as well.

21. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I must admit. The name of this topic made me chuckle.. Then again I have only seen Mcafee so far bring a new computer to its knees. :blink:

22. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

3GUSER, lighten up - we're all here with the same interests. :p

Some might not have as much knowledge, experience, or whatever. Some may ask questions that have a common sense answer - or be from another country other than the one you're in. Some may have even been on this forum and only used the one product, year after year.

No big deal, I can either skip over them topic or hit the browser back button. :)

23. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

hey sorry my point I guess was let go of biased opinions of AV's or suites. I had a bad experience some years ago with Kaspersky & while I use it for others in the family I have never fully felt like it would work on my machine or in this case machines. While we have 5 computers here mine are all laptops & this machine is not all that fancy I don't go out & buy 1500 dollar machines I buy mid line products. We should always test other products & I was just really surprised & amazed that the new version worked so well for me, that's all. I am think perhaps in my haste perhaps it would of been best just to say nothing but I decided to post and I guess I didn't fully explain my intentions. thanks for your comments but you are being rude but in your case I'll make an exception :)...

24. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I'm glad it works for you and hope it continues in the future. As for peoples Biased opinions on software. Some people once they have been burned its for life. Look at Norton it sucked from about 2000-2008 and people got burned hard. Now no matter what kind of product they make in some peoples Eyes it will always be that way. :)

This applies to ALL AV's not just Kaspersky, Norton and among others.

25. zcv

zcv Registered Member

HelloTheIgster,

Forgive me, but I truly don't understand why seemingly experienced people such as yourself don't use imaging - free or paid - there are many imaging
    apps out there.

Whenever I install "heavyweight" apps, standard practice for me is to image the OS partition prior to the install. I've had numerous run-ins with security apps that w/o imaging I would have had to do what you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.