Kaspersky Update Error...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GuardianofNight, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Hello everyone...,

I am trying to update my Kaspersky antivirus (using a trial) on a 2nd computer I have but it is not wanting to connect to their servers to retrieve latest updates. It just hangs.

If anyone is experiencing the same thing, please let me know.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I dont know if this is related, but back when I used eScan (KAV engine) I'd experience similar hangs (though rarely). A good restart of the PC would help, and if that didn't work, I used to reinstall and everything was fine.

A few days ago I had a problem accessing Kaspersky's main HTTP and FTP download servers. You might try an alternate server to the defaults if its possible.

Regards,
    Firecat

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have just this minute updated KAV 6 Internet Security Suite without any problems.

In fact in the last week, a number of we KAV users have commented that the updates seem to be a lot faster. Apparently due to the new Server that Kaspersky seem to have employed.

Is your firewal blocking the updater?

Also have a look here; http://www.ice-kav.com/faqs.php#updatefail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.