Kaspersky Security Suite and Downloading

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by caspian, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I tried Kaspersky Security Suite and had problems downloading. Downloads slowed dramatically and would actually stop for periods and then start back up....but very very slow. I was really disappointed because I have heard that they have a superior product. I guess this was a problem with their firewall.

So now I use Nod 32, Zone Alarm free, Hitman Pro 3, Spyware Blaster, PrevX, and threatfire. And I also use Sandboxie and returnil.

But I hear that Zone Alarm Security Suite uses Kaspersky virus. I thought maybe adding this because that would give me Eset, PrevX, A squared, and emsi (all in Hitman Pro 3) plus Kaspersky. But I am open to suggestions if anyone has any.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i dont think it was ther firewall, Kaspersky web guard has been known to slow down browsing and downloading.

3. caspian

Okay then, thanks for that. It's a little too restrictive for me.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye that webguard along with other things why i stopped using kaspersky at version 7. although it is great if u dont mind the slowness.

5. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

I have no problems with my speed downloading, maybe You have some incompatible software with K. that is in conflict with it.

Maybe You better go to Kaspersky Oficial Forum and ask there how They can help You, there are some tools (GSI and AVZ log) than can help You to know if You have a clean system where KIS 2009 would work normally.

Regards.

6. caspian

Maybe something is compatible.....possibly Prevx or Threatfire. I will check out the forum. Thanks

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Agreed, no download speed issues here with KIS installed. Agree with Harlan that you should post at the Kaspersky Forum.

:D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  8. caspian

Thanks I will do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.