Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ams963, Feb 25, 2014.
I have zero interest in installing anything like this on my Windows phone. Not needed and would probably slow it down.
First fescure and now Kaspersky. They are crazy to make money. Windows 8 phone OS doesn,t support AVs so they are all making their own browsers.
But you should install it... just to be safe.
Nahh, windows phone 8 is great for small business, cheap phones, great outlook integration, unmatched battery life, I have given my apple 4s to my son
hi, but extremely poor file management. no freedom at all.
Aigle, please explain?
Limiting files access to certain locations is what you do with AppArmor on Ubuntu and I have painfully crafted on Win7 with special LUA-user/SRP/ACL/Parental Control/Run_as_User, why complain when it is all done automatically?
What disadvantage should I notice which I have not yet ran into?
LOL. Best entertainment I have had today.
I feel more safe just after reading about Kaspersky browser for WP, so I don't feel like installing it
It's basically one's choice. For me I try to use my smart phone as my pocket PC.
- I want to download zip file from internet, save it and unzip its contents- no go!
- I want to put some files in a zip file- no go.
- I want to download some executables( software) , some ISOs and save them while I am away from m PC and then to use them on my PC once I have time for that-not possible.
- I want to put some files from my PC to my phone and want to access them via a file explorer later, there is no such option.
- I want to save a web page( from a subscribed web site) and then transfer it to my PC while , can,t do it.
- Apps launch immediately but take time to load fully.
- Every time I login to a site, I need to put my user name and password.
There are few things more as well.
Ahh, that explains. Had to replace my phone and took the occasion to replace my Android netbook also. Decision was:
New Apple 5 phone for €593 or
Asus T100 on Windows 8.1 with Office Home = € 349
Huawei W1 (for 124 with 20 kickback) = € 104
For my free-lance business I always buy phone's. Dutch law requires annual depreciation of all investments above € 500, so that is a disadvantage of the 5 (W1 and T100 can be subtracted from turnover, no depreciation in three years).
I do like the GUI of windows phone in fact and also that of iPhone. iPhone is not my choice because of the same reasons that i sated for WP.
My current phone is a Lumia and I am waiting for Ubuntu phone to come!
BTW i wanted to buy Asus T100 but later on ended up with Lenovo miix 2 8. Still waiting for Lenovo Miix 10 to come here.
Well each his/hers own favorites and decisions. I really like the ease of use of a keyboard/touchscreen combo, so wanted this concept again and choose a Asus because I had one before. Looked at video's of Mixx 10, the Mixx 10 looks smarter as the plastic Asus (but my old TF301 with similar cheap looks turnout sturdy enough in daily practice, so I more or less accepted that as something that comes with the low price).
Separate names with a comma.