kaspersky removal tool

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by steve1955, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Has anybody else had problems with this removal tool screwing up an office 2007 install?

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

yup i get this problem too everytime i used KRT

3. steve1955

glad to see its not only me,seems a bit much that the only way to clean kaspersky completely from a pc can cause probs with one of the main suites used by lots of folk

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I try to avoid using removal tools from anyone unless the uninstall completely failed. Kaspersky is one of the easiest to get rid of if the uninstall works. They don't seem to leave any files behind on hard drive (at least the 2012 didn't from what I can find). In the registry you just look for anything with "kaspersky" in it and delete. Just try searching the registry for "ESET" and see if you don't find every key with "reset", "preset" and so on.

If it is trashing your office install there is probably some shared component it is deleting. I do find that often uninstalling Kaspersky, even the regular way, it tends to break jscript.dll so that it has to be re-registered. As a matter of fact, you may want to try that. Register jscript.dll and vbscript.dll and see if that doesn't fix it. Remember to register the files in SysWOW64 if you are running 64 bit Windows.

5. steve1955

got a feeling its the spam filter removal causing the problem or part of the problem,thing is kaspersky integrated very deep into the office suite,kasperky do advice the use of the removal tool for complete removal and over at kaspersky forum its seems the de-riger,even when upgrading from one version to another,always being recommended to avoid issues:-yeh right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.