kaspersky real-time AV, BD10 on-demand. possible?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ejames82, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal425

Metal425 Registered Member

If BD is compatible with Any Linux Distro, he could dual boot what he has now, make a FAT32 Partition so you can share files, and if it freezes boot into your linux distro, and delete the AV there.

2. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

mele,
    i totally agree, and said it in a different way. although a great AV, it's too bad that flexibility couldn't have been built into their product. folks like us, on these IT websites purchase these programmes for these reasons. i'll bet there has been bitdefender officials reading this thread.

metal,
    that's more that this newbie is able to do. if you want to type out the procedure, or offer up any links, i'd be glad to read them and possible print them out. it sounds like it's quite advanced.

3. Metal425

In my Opinion KAV6, is better than BD. Why use BD as an On-demand?
    If your so scared, just run KAV6, and Download Dr.web Cure it, on Demand Scanner. :D :thumb: :thumb:

4. Metal425

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/05/1533204&from=rss

^ Video Tutorial's on installing Ubuntu.

5. ejames82

thanks, metal
    i'll check it out.

6. Metal425

No Problem.

Another thought, just back up your system in good condition and lets say you get a virus, just re-roll back.

7. ejames82

good thing you brought that up.
    i have been preparing to backup my data to cd. what i would like to do is put everything i can on the cd, but i don't want to have to click on every single file. i did a google search, and got all the way to page 14. i am looking for a tutorial/sticky that will simplify the task of selecting the files and folders to back up. i always record a procedure like this on VCR tape, for future references.
    i also have downloaded ERUNT, i'm sure you've heard of, a backup tool. i have never taken advantage of it, but it looks easy enough. i also know how to use system restore. i have already made a good, clean, restore point. i make a new one every month, whether i need it or not.
    i checked out your link. i almost fell asleep while reviewing it. i'll check it out again later today, after work.
    thanks again.

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Have used BD on-demand alongside several other AVs without any problem.
    Mrk

9. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Very good post :thumb:
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My personal experience with BD parallels Mele20. I had good use of it from about 7. through 9.0 and then the BSODs.
    BD wanted me to ditch essentially all my other security programs, and I removed BD. It served me well, but conflicts drove me away from it.

I know that many will say, "I don't have that trouble, and I have run...for years." Good, but I can only operate with my own experience, and can only vouch for my experience.

With several good AVs available without the conflicts I do not anticipate going back to BD.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.